Dj's United

Vic The Resident Dj Has Entered The Forum

Hi there Guys and Gals

Well that's a great start, sounding like I'm Jimmy Saville or something!

I'm new here, looking for any hints or tips as a budding DJ.

I started off in life as (and still am, in fact) the Resident DJ at Woolenwick Infants and Nursery School here in sunny Stevenage in Hertfordshire. From this I branched out into (woo hoo) becoming the Resident DJ at the nearby Woolenwick Junior School too. I have done a few private gigs too, mostly children's birthday parties and the occasional residents association and every year I 'host' the school fetes too. Exciting stuff I hear you say.

Well now I'm looking to develop even further as a DJ and maybe go on to doing loads of weddings, parties and bar mitzvahs (cause I need the money). Which is why I'm here and looking to learn from the masters (that's you lot).

May our relationship be long and prosperous...

Vic

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of great advice here just like I did.

There is threads just about on everything. I also do a lot of kids entertainment, and its useful to have a look through the kids party games thread... Great for picking up ideas to add

Gary

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

:welcome:

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Welcome Vic

I used to go to woolenwick in the early 80'S - Great School!

Cheers

Steve

Still is a great school, though if you came back for a visit now you probably wouldn't recognise the place.

Just in case you're interested we have a school website (with some pictures) - just Google Woolenwick Infants Stevenage and you should be able to find it.

:welcome: to the forum Vic.

Do you use your own kit or do you use the schools?

Jim

I'm using the school's kit at the moment Jim, but if I have any success (i.e. get more than about three bookings) I'll seriously have to think about getting some of my own. Hey, that'll be when I first start using this forum to get some good advice about what kit to buy. Yay! smile icon

Edited by McCardle
  • 2 years later...