Dj's United

Few Features I Just Dont Get!

well ive started to need my powered mixer its a soundlab g742 the 1000watt one ....

anyway there a few things i just dont get

aux 1 & 2 knobs on each channel?

phantom power?

the effects unit has settings for different rooms like live room, small club etc up to number16 what does these do to the effects unit?

depth and repeat/send?

ive got the manual but it tells you nowt! :(

Hello DJ CEE

I havent picked up the manual but i assume the following

aux knobs could be for controlling the level of internal/external effect per channel with a master send and return somewhere else

phantom power is for powering professional studio mics, you dont need to use it with standard mics

effects setting like small room large hall etc are probably preset effects with reverb / delay etc

depth and repeat usually applies to reverb and delays and with depth being the ammount of reverb

send is how much dry signal you literally send to effects

Hope this helps - if you cant figure the manual out its a case of practice at low vol levels just in case you end up pushing too hard a signal

A little bit of effect can be useful on a karaoke singers voice but dont use anything in venues with natural reverb and dont over do it as you will easily get fedback and a wall of noise

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Hello DJ CEE

I havent picked up the manual but i assume the following

aux knobs could be for controlling the level of internal/external effect per channel with a master send and return somewhere else

phantom power is for powering professional studio mics, you dont need to use it with standard mics

effects setting like small room large hall etc are probably preset effects with reverb / delay etc

depth and repeat usually applies to reverb and delays and with depth being the ammount of reverb

send is how much dry signal you literally send to effects

Hope this helps - if you cant figure the manual out its a case of practice at low vol levels just in case you end up pushing too hard a signal

A little bit of effect can be useful on a karaoke singers voice but dont use anything in venues with natural reverb and dont over do it as you will easily get fedback and a wall of noise

cheers bud :D

never put phantom power on, unless you know what it is

you could end up frying your mics or other equipment

How so?

What about desks that have global phantom power but don't use all condenser mics or passive DI's? Surely these desks would've destroyed lots of kit over the years they've been around if they could damage stuff if left on. The main reason for turning it off if not needed is to stop the popping you get when connecting and disconnecting kit.

To be clear, correctly functioning phantom power will not hurt your regular dynamic microphones.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum