Dj's United

Dj Hard Drive Controller

i'm looking for some help here on my sound reproduction. Curently i use a laptop VDJ , yamaha mixer and active speakers, I am thinking of buying a hard drive controller but which one and what else do I need, EG Denon hd 2500, or some of the Numark gear such as the hardmix although that seems a bit expensive. So what would be the best for me and what else would i need. I am saving money now so it would be good to get a ball park figure. Hopefully i am making sense here. CHEERS

It might be an idea to hang fire for a month or so as I believe that there are some new units coming onto the market.

I asked a few days ago if anybody had come across a brand called New Jersey Sound Corp, they are due to release a new USB based controller. My local retailer has put a price tag on it of £229, which makes it very competitive in relation to other units like Cortex and the still highly overpriced (in my opinion) HD-2500

Unfortunately, i've been unable to find any more details about it, so I guess New Jersey sound Corp is either one of these mass producing production lines in China or Electrovision's own brand.

According to the brochure I was shown the XDJ-01 as it is called is able to work with multiple hard drives and USB Flash drives, and also has a USB Input for a keyboard, making fast pc like entry's to help with searching and locating tracks.

I must admit that for me, if I went down the digital route, the Keyboard entry facility of this unit would make it more attractive on the basis that I can't stand entering tracks by button pushing and jog wheel 'dialing' through hundreds of folders containing thousands of tracks.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'