Dj's United

can anyone give me any info on this speaker? i picked it up on a local forum for £10! well worth it i think. it sounds great when i tested it at home too :D . it has no info on the back towards the wattage etc. all i know is that its a kam unit. anyone know what they are? or a way to find out?

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/chris_gilly/P1040143.jpg

Looking at the speaker grill the driver will be 12", each of the squares on a grill are normally half inch each :flirt:

Jim

yes sorry its 12" :-) might pop the bass driver out and have a look if theres any wattage on it on monday. cheers :-)

I'd guess about 200w total for the cab. If there are no measurements on the back of the 12" then measure the diameter of the voicecoil. This'll give you an idea of how much heat it can transfer, and therefore it's ultimate power handling. The bigger the coil, the greater the power handling. Exotic winding materials can make a difference here, but I doubt KAM will be using those... ;P

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

To be honest, do you really need to know exactly what power rating it is?

12" drivers at the budget end rarely top 200w power handling. If you work on the basis of a 200w cab then any amp up to about 300w at 8R should do the trick fine. you're only going to change the parameters slightly within that range, and not enough to really make much difference.

If you post some pics of the actual driver chassis then we might be able to work out who the OEM is

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

To be honest, do you really need to know exactly what power rating it is?

12" drivers at the budget end rarely top 200w power handling. If you work on the basis of a 200w cab then any amp up to about 300w at 8R should do the trick fine. you're only going to change the parameters slightly within that range, and not enough to really make much difference.

If you post some pics of the actual driver chassis then we might be able to work out who the OEM is

ok cheers bud.. i just wanted to know what it was safe to hook up too.