Dj's United

Mixer Comparisons

Has anyone compared a Denon rackmount mixer with an A&H Xone S2?

If you have, what's your opinion?

Hi steve,I can tell you that I know someone that has tried a KV2 system and heard it through a Denon X400 a Allen and Heath Xone mixer.

He said that the difference was quite staggering and the deffinity of the audio was alot better through the Allen and Heath.

The guy who did the demo was John DDJ.

Hope this helps

Regards Paul

Hi steve,I can tell you that I know someone that has tried a KV2 system and heard it through a Denon X400 a Allen and Heath Xone mixer.

He said that the difference was quite staggering and the deffinity of the audio was alot better through the Allen and Heath.

The guy who did the demo was John DDJ.

Hope this helps

Regards Paul

Very helpful. Thank you.

I've always considered the A&H to be superior although I don't know if the sound quality is the same now that manufacturing has gone to China.

I read a comparison somewhere else, some time ago, between a Xone S2 and a Numark PPD9000 in which the latter was said to have compared very favourably.

I wonder if anyone can confirm that?

Edited by spinner

I used a Denon DN-X800 for a long time before I went to an S2. I have to admit I actually liked to use the X800 better. It just felt more intuitive somehow. The monitoring section was set up more to my tastes. The S2 does feel better built however. Quality of components seems better. As for the sound it's quite a subjective thing. All I can say is it didn't get any worse.

Now of course they are the same thing so in the future, who knows.

The DN-X1700 does look nice though! Wonder if there is much A&H in there.

Edited by djtuffer
Now of course they are the same thing so in the future, who knows.

Mmm. It was a surprise to me that D&M had taken over Allen & Heath; after all, the Denon manufacturers (Nippon Columbia) already make mixers, and so the parent company D&M now have 2 companies making them? Did D&M actually buy Nippon Columbia or just the Denon brand? And if it was just the brand..are they likely to close A&H??

I see that D&M themselves are part of the Bain Group, who also own Domino's Pizza and Burger King. Maybe we'll get money-off vouchers with our mixers?

Edited by superstardeejay

I see that D&M themselves are part of the Bain Group, who also own Domino's Pizza and Burger King. Maybe we'll get money-off vouchers with our mixers?

Or just fatter DJs... to go? :pizza: :rolleyes:

Speaking from experience of course. :pro:

I was just joking of course, I dont suppose it matters who owns them other than my general concern of where the profits end up and who benefits and who doesnt.

After all, famous camera manufacturer Nikon and Princes Canned Foods are both owned by Mitsubishi, and I like both Nikon cameras and Princes tuna.. :wacko:

Edited by superstardeejay