Dj's United

Cheesey Hits!

Depends what you class as CHEESE - ONE MANS CHEESE IS ANOTHER MANS BREAD AND BUTTER lol

Is cheese the kind of music that you tend to hear at the majority of gigs , holidays resorts etc.

or is it just party music?

I was told the other night that summer o 69 and livin on a prayer - was cheese?

To me proper stilton is Black Lace, Village people, Grease Mega Mix etc.

Anyway what does everybody else think?

Depends what you class as CHEESE - ONE MANS CHEESE IS ANOTHER MANS BREAD AND BUTTER lol

Is cheese the kind of music that you tend to hear at the majority of gigs , holidays resorts etc.

or is it just party music?

I was told the other night that summer o 69 and livin on a prayer - was cheese?

To me proper stilton is Black Lace, Village people, Grease Mega Mix etc.

Anyway what does everybody else think?

well ive started working at a students bar and there were alot of gay/ girls etc asking for tell me ma by shamrock and 5ive and spice girls so stuff along that lines :)

what are all the best cheese party songs? just doing a bit of research!

thanks

As resident DJ for an infants and a junior school I feel well qualified to answer this query!

Anything which involves lots of strange dance routines (Superman, YMCA, Macarena, Blame It On The Boogie and so on) or which is guaranteed to get the Mums (and occasionally the Dads) up on the dancefloor even though they're stone cold sober counts as Cheese in my book. Examples include DJ Otzi's 'Hey Baby', Baha Men's 'Who Let The Dogs Out' and DJ Casper's 'Cha Cha Slide' :drool:

Need any more examples just let me know (I'll even throw in a 'Barbie Girl' for good measure!)

As resident DJ for an infants and a junior school I feel well qualified to answer this query!

Anything which involves lots of strange dance routines (Superman, YMCA, Macarena, Blame It On The Boogie and so on) or which is guaranteed to get the Mums (and occasionally the Dads) up on the dancefloor even though they're stone cold sober counts as Cheese in my book. Examples include DJ Otzi's 'Hey Baby', Baha Men's 'Who Let The Dogs Out' and DJ Casper's 'Cha Cha Slide' :drool:

Need any more examples just let me know (I'll even throw in a 'Barbie Girl' for good measure!)

Don't forget High School Musical in there somewhere. Still gets requested... S Club 7 Could be regarded as cheese too - but I've also been in a few late night "clubs" where that's played too.!

The "hardest" out of all kids parties is the 3-5yr old (Nursery/Reception). I've only done that range once - but it could of been cos I had a few tech difficulties at the time which didn't help... :/

David, also classed as the "resident" Dj at a primary school :rolleyes:

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Oh you mean cheese. :wall:

Welcome back, long time no see?!

DJ David Graham

I agree there are 'levels' of cheese.

Indisputable, past it's best, only for the die-hards and at risk of ejection from any function apart from a kids party is anything by Black Lace, the Birdy Song, Wurzels etc.

Next stage - girlie nights, gay nights or mega-cheese lovers only includes the Macerena, Saturday Night, Cheeky Girls, Las Ketchup etc.

Then you have Party Cheese - the stuff a good british party often thrives on - this includes YMCA, Grease Megamix and the likes.

After that is what I call Cheesey Pop - at the smellier end of the scale is S Club, Steps, B*Witched, 5ive etc smoothly progressing to the more palatable Sugababes, Mavericks, etc.

Cheese can also be read as 'played to death' hence cheesy rock such as Livin On A Prayer, Summer of '69 etc.

The right cheese, played at the right time to the right audience = guaranteed floor fillers. Get it wrong and you will get daggers thrown at you lol!

Sometimes people ban cheese because it is played everywhere, but dont realise that often a song is played everywhere because it works. So - by all means kill it, but also risk killing the floor!

I agree there are 'levels' of cheese.

Sometimes people ban cheese because it is played everywhere, but dont realise that often a song is played everywhere because it works. So - by all means kill it, but also risk killing the floor!

I have one request where the client "isnt too keen on cheese" but current chart / 80s/90s stuff is ok. But on the playlist form thjere was a request for "9 to 5" !!!

:D

DJ David Graham