Dj's United

Hi guy's got a Q for ya, are the Peavey Hysys 115Xt's coupled with the Hysys 2Xt's any god for small to mid sized gig's? upto 250 people. tuff luck if they aint as I just bought a second hand set of 115Xt's and am looking for a set of 2Xt's, by the way anyone know the difference between the Hysys 2Xt's and the 1Xt's?

I will be running them with 2 QSC plx 3400 amps, way over powered I know but I will keep the gain down and am running an Alesis compressor/limiter, however at the mo' I am using a Rcf Event Xeq to cross over and as yet I cannot find out what the crossover point would need to be for the 115Xt's, again any thoughts?

just to let you know these are to replace my Event system that has now gone and are only for use on my last few gigs before hanging up the "cans" for the final time, I'll miss the shows and the ego trip but after 30 years it's time to find another road to fame!!!! yeah like, anyway 6 or 7 months before that happens, thanks in advance for the Peavey advice as I know you will come up trumps, ps be honest, if their crap tell me cheers, David :wall:

Hi, are these the 500w continuous versions? They should be fine if Amp'd properly for those sort of numbers, because you dont want it loud across the whole room!

The difference between the hisys 1 and Hisys 2 is, the hisys 1 is a 12" speaker with 22xt horn. The Hisys 2 is a 15" speaker with22xt horn

They reckon its best to have the Hisys 1 with the 15" subs, however this limits you if you only want to use the top cabs, as the 12" tops arent so great on their own

Have you been and raided my garage???

Thats exactly what i have and for a total cost of £320 for the lot (tops hisys 2 - bottoms 115xt) i am more than happy. Obviously they are old and heavy but the black widow drivers really kick out some noise.

I have yet to use the full system with an active crossover and 2 amps as the majority of my gigs are smaller and using the tops by themselves has been enough with pleanty of bottom end.

does no harm doing a bit of weight lifting, just try to avoid stairs

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

• 2 months later...

Hi, been a long time for me to post back just to let you all know, I did buy the Hysis 2's with the 115xt bass cabz and am well happy with them, ok not as loud as the RCF's but £ for £ just as good for what I need. I do have to wind the amps down but that's not a bad thing really, I did have to replace the 22xt tweeter diaphrams but that's only to be expected on the age of the cab's and and and they weigh half that of the RCF's Event series that I had, any way merry chrimbo you lot and Play a chrimbo tune for me,cheers, Dave

The HiSysy generally like to be driven hard (sounding smooth all the way through the power curve) and are quite happy with a bigger amp so long as you dont clip of course.

If you have the 15in tops then I'd run these full-range and just add the bins level to taste, no point robbing the tops of bass only to add it back in through the bins..might as well let them work for their keep if you know what I mean. Ideal for discos but watch you dont overdrive the horns if used for karaoke or cabaret. Set that compressor limiter for a long release time to avoid pumping bass beats and stressing your system.

• 1 year later...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the 2xt bass bins have passive crossovers in them? Could be an easy cost effective way of running bins and tops in stereo off 1 amp. if running with 2 amps and an electronic crossover, i'd crossover at about 100hz, this would be the best solution!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the 2xt bass bins have passive crossovers in them? Could be an easy cost effective way of running bins and tops in stereo off 1 amp. if running with 2 amps and an electronic crossover, i'd crossover at about 100hz, this would be the best solution!

yes they do have a passive crossover in them but i struggled to get a decent sound using it and just the one amp. When i picked up a peasvy vsx it made all the difference as i could fiddle a bit.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk