Dj's United

Dju Member Website Review - Just Paul

All comments Positive or negative will be(as they say on Xfactor) "Taken On Board"

I'm always looking to improve my site so if you have any suggestions Fire Away

Regards

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Paul's Karaoke Entertainment

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

• 2 weeks later...

Hi paul

just had a look throught your site and it looks good. It may benefit to have your phone number highly visable on every page. you have some nice pictures of you etc on the more about me section which is only navigable through the small link on the homepage. i would recommend looking at this to get it more upfront, even on the home page. Makes it feel more personal!

gallery - A clever concept but I had an issue with this as it took ages for some videos to start and to be honest got bored waiting with some and never looked at them. The pictures were small and i couldn't really see what was happening with the pictures moving so quick. bear in mind what the average home computer is like - slow! and the average user wants in to get in, get the info and get out

love the Yorkshire Dales that i do and considering they are literally on my doorstep i dont think potential customers need to see kittys tea rooms - keep it by all means just prioritise!

Best wishes

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

First look - Entry portal pages area great, but I had to pause for a moment before I clicked the small animated logo 'Enter'.

You could always add a link bar to the portal page to encourage your potential clients to go direct to site pages, as the coloured text and big banner threw me!

In fact, why not add the Navigation you already have? Encourage the visitor to enter!!!

Once inside, I found the light blue text easier on the eyes to be honest. Appreciate that you've added a bit of colour, but consider the aesthetics used from the perspective of the client (unless of course you really DO want to make it hard for them to read your info!)

The red text is completely awful in my opinion. Yuk! A bit 'Wendy Web' for my liking.

I also found it painful to use your text bar navigation (bottom of pages) - needs a consistent text colour, especially with text against a light background, and not a selection from Josephs Technicolor dream coat, or something from a Ladybird book, unless of course your service is aimed at kids!

If you're going to add logos to the site to catch the eye, never place them on the left / bottom left of the layout. Always to the right, preferably top-right.

Appreciate that you have contact page, but again, another site with telephone contact details that do not stand out! I'd enhance and choose a colour that stands out - like you've already used with yellow text on dark background, and place it in a prominent area that can be easily seen. In fact, I'd add to every page under 'Paul's karaoke' banner, or feature on the banner.

Talking of banners…the image at the top of the page features the text 'Paul's Karaoke…', but it's not exactly a 'logo'. You could create a logo from that which is your identity, and incorporate into your business stationery, compliment slips, business cards, etc.

If you need help - ask. There's plenty of graphic experts here! LOL!

In summary, leave the 'colour' element for your show, and not on the text on the website IMO!!!

Overall, great site!

Edited by Dukesy

Hi paul

just had a look throught your site and it looks good. It may benefit to have your phone number highly visable on every page. you have some nice pictures of you etc on the more about me section which is only navigable through the small link on the homepage. i would recommend looking at this to get it more upfront, even on the home page. Makes it feel more personal!

gallery - A clever concept but I had an issue with this as it took ages for some videos to start and to be honest got bored waiting with some and never looked at them. The pictures were small and i couldn't really see what was happening with the pictures moving so quick. bear in mind what the average home computer is like - slow! and the average user wants in to get in, get the info and get out

love the Yorkshire Dales that i do and considering they are literally on my doorstep i dont think potential customers need to see kittys tea rooms - keep it by all means just prioritise!

Best wishes

Dave

Thanks for the pointers Dave....I'll see about altering these points and send you a link when done to have another gander

Regards

Thanks Dukesy for the comments....will look into your suggestions and let you know when it's ammended

Regards

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

Talking of banners…the image at the top of the page features the text 'Paul's Karaoke…', but it's not exactly a 'logo'. You could create a logo from that which is your identity, and incorporate into your business stationery, compliment slips, business cards, etc.

Hi Dukesy...Thanks for the advice

regarding the Logo...I already have the logo which was added to the Banner afterwards...I also have all my Stationary, Van Signage, Busness cards etc with the Logo not to mention Yell.com and Google Maps....Great Minds Think alike.

I have made changes to my site and have updated it with the recommendations from your goodself. It is loading thru FTP now so should be Live before you read this

Many Thanks

Any more advice is more than welcome

Regards

Best wishes

Dave

[/qusote]

I understand your reasoning. I am hoping to develop a normal photo gallery in the next few weeks to have that option. The Video Gallery is good but you can switch to Full Screen on the bottom of the small Video Image...Might be an idea to mention this on the top of the Page.....But Thanks for your commnts...I have made ammendments from your other comments and it is now Live...

Any more comments would be welcome

Thanks Again

Regard

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

it looks great and the improvements make it much better...one tiny thing you say on your site

"It is a requirement by Law for all Mobile Entertainers to be covered by Public Liability Insurance (PLI) and all Portable Equipment should be PAT tested (Portable Appliance Test) to meet Electrical Safety Regulations set out by Government"

on this page http://just-paul.co.uk/Pat_Pli.html

I believe its good practice (as i too have pli and pat) but i dont believe its the law.

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

it looks great and the improvements make it much better...one tiny thing you say on your site

"It is a requirement by Law for all Mobile Entertainers to be covered by Public Liability Insurance (PLI) and all Portable Equipment should be PAT tested (Portable Appliance Test) to meet Electrical Safety Regulations set out by Government"

Thanks for That Rob

Will amend

Any comments welcome

Regards

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

wow that was quick ..great job !

I'm always quick....(so the wife says.......lol)

Thanks for your comments

Regards

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

I'm always quick....(so the wife says.......lol)

Im quick at my martial duties too - feed the cat walk the dog and empty the dishwasher in under 5 minutes!

Great improvement on the site btw. well done

Best wishes

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Nice looking site and you seem to take suggestions on board and implement them too.

A photo gallery would be more appropriate for the photos I think, rather than the mix of photos and videos into one video.

On a separate note, your PLI document states that it is for "Activities of the Policyholder as an Artist and no other professional business", you may not be covered for Disco.

Jim

On a separate note, your PLI document states that it is for "Activities of the Policyholder as an Artist and no other professional business", you may not be covered for Disco.

I'll Look into it, Thanks for pointing it out

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

Here is the reply from Equity

"Dear Paul

As a karaoke entertainer you are still covered under this policy as an Artist.

Regards

Mary Hooley

Organising Assistant

Equity, Express Networks, 1 George Leigh St., Manchester M4 5DL

T: 0161 244 5995

F: 0161 244 5971

www.equity.org.uk"

When I do Disco I am still performing as Paul's Karaoke Entertainment and therefore covered.

Hope This Clears This Up

Regards

Edited by Paul's Karaoke

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

Do you offer a DJ/Disco only service (i.e. No Karaoke or Singing)?

Just wondering - would they class your DJing as a Karaoke Entertainer?

Probably worth getting full clarification on the outcome if there was a claim and you were purely there as a DJ.

I class DJing as a performance, and to be honest, its probably "safer" than Karaoke where you often have people with wired mics close to your gear.

Do you offer a DJ/Disco only service (i.e. No Karaoke or Singing)?

Just wondering - would they class your DJing as a Karaoke Entertainer?

Probably worth getting full clarification on the outcome if there was a claim and you were purely there as a DJ.

I class DJing as a performance, and to be honest, its probably "safer" than Karaoke where you often have people with wired mics close to your gear.

As long as I am engaged as "Paul's Karaoke Entertainment" or "Just Paul Vocalist" I am covered. Therefore as Long as my contract Shows either 2 (which they do) I am covered. If I go out as Paul's Disco which I never do then it would be suspect. I suppose the only way round it is to perform a few songs at a Disco as long as its applicable to the style of music they want. Which I can probably do....Best to be safe though and seek to obtain PLI to cover Disco's. What do you think?

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

As an update on PLI Cover

I have been in touch with The Insurers Hencilla Canworth and have been assured that I am actually covered under the policy. The Definition on Page 8 of the policy under Heading DEFINITIONS Paragraph 13 States

"Artist

Artist shall mean

(A)

individual person who exercises professional skill in the provision of entertainment in the theatre music hall films radio television and like media

I have been assured that the term "Music Halls" covers the areas to which I would perform as a Singer, Karaoke Host or DJ and that a DJ exercises professional skill in the provision of entertainment.

That's me giving a big Sigh of Relief.

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please