Dj's United

Weekend 23 - 25 October 2009

So, what have you got planned this weekend and how did it go?

I've Nowt this weekend, but thought I'd post a quick review of last night (Thursday night) - a Family Halloween Disco 6.30-8.30 at a local primary school.

All was going well until about 7.30 when the fire alarm went off... Triggered by (we think), a combination of the fog machine and the heat in the room (it was very hot - 200+ people, hot food being served, and 2300 Watts of lighting (4x 250w fixtures plus the pars).

Would have been ok except the fire key had gone walkabouts so couldnt be shut off easily. Also someone hit one of the fire alarm breakpoints "on the way out" of one of the exits too, so it kept going off intermittently through the rest of the night.. A parent whinged at me that we should have all gone outside (we were headed that way, but then was told within about 30s that it was a false alarm and to stay inside by the head teacher who was also the fire warden).

Its annoying cos I've used a fog machine before there several times without issue - and even waay more fog. In fact the fog fluid is "lighter" than the normal stuff.. :shrug:

So might as well hang up the fog machine.. *sigh* Its a shame cos the kids love it! It makes the lights look so much better...

Cheers,

David

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

On Thursday I was also at a school, which is just a 5 minute walk from my house and 3 minute walk from the lockup!

RESULT!

First half of the disco was a lot of nursery pupils, so was hard work. On the whole it was a poor turn out to, but still went really well. Everything went great, espically my team building exercise with camping mats. Although I do use the gym mats at the school. Hopskotch also goes down well.

The second half of the disco was the juniors and was like banging my head off the wall. 30 kids if that.

Also think ive got a problem with my little kids party sound system. Totally couldn;t get the volume out of it at all. Just kept distorting all the time :@

Need it for next week to, as i've got 4 parties!

Grr!

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

I too was at a school on thursday night for a halloween disco. 100+ 11 yr olds and the place was bouncing. My led par cans and par can controller came up trumps and the kids were amazed. Filled the place with green light to start then dropped to tatal darkness as thriller kicked in with sudden flickers of white over the intro.

Friday - local village school halloween disco - more green lights

Saturday - Wedding

and all while suffering with man flu - sat here semi naked sweating and shivering - ok too much information!

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I too was at a school on thursday night for a halloween disco. 100+ 11 yr olds and the place was bouncing. My led par cans and par can controller came up trumps and the kids were amazed. Filled the place with green light to start then dropped to tatal darkness as thriller kicked in with sudden flickers of white over the intro.

Friday - local village school halloween disco - more green lights

Saturday - Wedding

and all while suffering with man flu - sat here semi naked sweating and shivering - ok too much information!

Had a Joint 40th B'day party in Village I live. Disco and Karaoke. Crowd were hard work to start with, but once I got em going, the room was buzzing. Then one of the bar staff decided to trip the electrics in the room. What a nightmare. Took me another 30+ minutes to get people going again. All in all, a quality night. Club wouldnt let me use smoke machine, gutted. Lights did the job, but smoke would have blown them away. Roll on November, some decenct gigs coming up.