Dj's United

Soundlab G742 Powered Mixer

i have a soundlab g742 powered mixer, recently ive had a problem with the right channel, if used for low volumes the channel switched off completely, the volume led's still show volume being played but nothing comes out, when its used at louder volumes it works fine, no problems! any ideas?

thanks

so if i find it would a good splash of WD help?

cheers

A drop of solder on the dry joint(Electric Circuit Board)..Best to remove all old solder first

Hope This Helps

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Paul's Karaoke Entertainment

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

A drop of solder on the dry joint(Electric Circuit Board)..Best to remove all old solder first

Hope This Helps

cool, looks like im gunna be doign that tomorrow!

Hope This Helps

how do i spot the dry joint?

cool, looks like im gunna be doign that tomorrow!

2 Min job....all u need is a screw driver and soldering iron.....or pay someone to do it for ya....good luck with it Chris

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

The problem will be the main amp insert jacks. Turn it off, and then take an old 1/4in jack, and push it in/out/in/out of the insert jack on the faulty side. Do it several times, this should hopefully clear the problem.

how do i spot the dry joint?

You'll probably see a gap where the solder should be or it could be loose.....just have a good luck but if your not sure...leave it to someone who knows what they are doing

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

You'll probably see a gap where the solder should be or it could be loose.....just have a good luck but if your not sure...leave it to someone who knows what they are doing

im pretty good with the soldiering and electrics, its a little hobby of mine! cheers for all the help everyone :D

The problem will be the main amp insert jacks. Turn it off, and then take an old 1/4in jack, and push it in/out/in/out of the insert jack on the faulty side. Do it several times, this should hopefully clear the problem.

If it's a problem with the jacks i would imagine it is the output not the input. Better to use Speakon if that is the case but i think it will take a little more than just pushing in and out etc.

im pretty good with the soldiering and electrics, its a little hobby of mine! cheers for all the help everyone :D

No problem Chris....Hope u sort it out ok

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

If it's a problem with the jacks i would imagine it is the output not the input. Better to use Speakon if that is the case but i think it will take a little more than just pushing in and out etc.

No problem Chris....Hope u sort it out ok

its a powered mixer though do they have them?

Amp inserts are only fitted to powered mixers. They are omitted on the G742 'A' version but as far as I remember they are present next to the speakons on the older versions which are an old Studiomaster design and similar to the Stageline DSP400.

Is yours the original, or 'A' version?

Amp inserts are only fitted to powered mixers. They are omitted on the G742 'A' version but as far as I remember they are present next to the speakons on the older versions which are an old Studiomaster design and similar to the Stageline DSP400.

Is yours the original, or 'A' version?

not too sure, i know its the grey one which has a 1000 wat amp,

i dont have the mixer with me at the minute, its in the van ready for tonight.

how would i find out? what are the differences?

It will be written on it. Many SOundlab mixer types start G742.. so the letters (if any) after the number will tell us what version you've got.

If its the 'A' version, the amp inserts may be marked on the top panel as 'aux returns' but a fault on these jacks will also give the same symptoms.

It will be written on it. Many SOundlab mixer types start G742.. so the letters (if any) after the number will tell us what version you've got.

If its the 'A' version, the amp inserts may be marked on the top panel as 'aux returns' but a fault on these jacks will also give the same symptoms.

its just the g742 version :D

its just the g742 version :D

right ive just stripped the mixer right down and ive gone over most of the amps circuit boards with a fine eye! nothing!

however reading the info about the main amp insert jacks, i take it you mean the aux return?

on the back there is only the switch on/off and 2 speakons.

thanks