Dj's United

East Anglian Discos Website Review

Be kind to me, this site has been fully operational since June.

A little dissapointed with only 70 unique visitor hits per month though, although bookings are coming in :good:

Be gentle with your comments :funjokeandlaugh:

http://www.eastangliandiscos.co.uk/

Be kind to me, this site has been fully operational since June.

A little dissapointed with only 70 unique visitor hits per month though, although bookings are coming in :good:

Be gentle with your comments :funjokeandlaugh:

http://www.eastangliandiscos.co.uk/

From the 70 visitors a month, how many are turning into bookings?

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I haven't read the content in full but you seem to have a good site. fairly simple and to the point with no annoying flash that takes ages to load. Main thing is that it works!

lack's a top quality banner though Rob :D

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I haven't read the content in full but you seem to have a good site. fairly simple and to the point with no annoying flash that takes ages to load. Main thing is that it works!

lack's a top quality banner though Rob :D

No website until 2009. After spending 24 years on the road, I spent 2 enjoyable and rather easy years as a resident dj in a local hotel before a cheaper competitor forced me out :damn: . Spent 2009 rebuilding and focusing on attracting new clients, which has worked out fairly well. Started off with this site in June which has got me about 6 bookings, but I think some improvements are needed including the opening banner!!

Edited by Norfolk DJ

Did I miss the PM providing details for the review? :djuhi:

Anyway...

Clean and Nice :Thumbup:

If you can, it would be better to ensure the page Title and Description of each page actually reflects what is on each page.

Some CSS tricks would jazz up the testimonial quotes, and possibly using H1/H2 tags for better structure of the document.

I can also see lots of redundant code;

span style="font-size: 16px"<p><span style="font-size: 16px">line of text..</span></p>

I guess you're using a Joomla or other CMS tool, so I'm a bit confused why the extra bloat for each line.

However- the end result is good IMO.

Jason

Edited by vokf

Quick look.

I'd enhance your telephone contact details on the front page of the website - they do not stand out. Sure, you have a contact page, but I'd still enhance.

I'd actually move the DJU logo, either to the contact page, or better still, create a dedicated links page. :yes:

On the about page, I'd state who the smart looking fella is at the bottom of the page. :dukesy:

Your testimonial page is fine - if you have any handwritten feedback or thank-you cards, I'd scan them or photograph them and place them on this page, as your 'comments' could be better supported with authenticity.

I'd move the lonely logo link on the testimonial page to a dedicated links page - it is a link to your competition and who wants to promote others in their main pages?! You are a business, not a charity.

Again, there is a picy of a 'gentleman' on the contact page...WHO IS IT?!! Mr Rob Whatshisname I think?!

In fact, I've looked through your site and can not easily find remember a friendly name to reference or ask for....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but who are you again! Rob Blah Blah?!

Hope this brief observation helps. smile icon

Only other thing I would add is try to get some face shots of people having a good time on your gallery page.

Looks nice and simple with the relevant information and no gimmicks well done.

Nik

Thanks

Keep the comments coming in.

Some good points made, which I will act upon.

tried to keep the site simple, and update the photos. Had a problem early on using a 3.2 megapixel camera made the shots rather blurry, but i now use a 12megapixel and then edit the size down, which has done the trick.