Dj's United

Virtual Dj And Vista

Guys

I am looking to get another laptop but just wondering if anyone knows if Virtual DJ will work with Windows Vista, I particularly need to know if I can use extended desktop for additional monitors as i dont seem to have that option on my Desktop PC which has Vista on it..whereas my laptop has XP and i just need to right click on the desktop and it allows me to change display options..

any one got any idea on this thanks..

Mick

Guys

I am looking to get another laptop but just wondering if anyone knows if Virtual DJ will work with Windows Vista, I particularly need to know if I can use extended desktop for additional monitors as i dont seem to have that option on my Desktop PC which has Vista on it..whereas my laptop has XP and i just need to right click on the desktop and it allows me to change display options..

any one got any idea on this thanks..

Mick

what version of virtual DJ bud? i use 5.2 on vista and its fine, i did try an very earlier version and it wouldnt!

what version of virtual DJ bud? i use 5.2 on vista and its fine, i did try an very earlier version and it wouldnt!

I have 6.0.1 pro but I dont think its the compatibilty problem its whether vista allows you to extend the desktop screen to an additional monitor..

cheers

Thanks for that Chris. I also need to know if Vista allows you to extend your desktop to an additional monitor..

cheers

:)

Thanks for that Chris. I also need to know if Vista allows you to extend your desktop to an additional monitor..

cheers

:)

Yes, it does. However, this feature will depend on your graphics hardware and drivers- so its best to ensure your Laptop is designed for Vista (if you're buying new, you should be ok).

Yes, it does. However, this feature will depend on your graphics hardware and drivers- so its best to ensure your Laptop is designed for Vista (if you're buying new, you should be ok).

Thats good, definitely buying new as some good bargains out ther at the minute...

cheers guys :good:

• 1 year later...

I'd second that.

I've read no end of threads about people having problems, hitches and glitches with vista and vdj. Although personally I never had any real issues with vista, the improvements in Windows 7 are enormous.

If you are looking at buying a new laptop I would definitely be looking for one that comes with win7. The biggest difference in relation to vdj that I noticed was my latency is considerably lower under win7.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

i run vdj 6 with vista no problem - only ever had it freeze once in 3 years. very reliable.

i think i got it to replace OTS as at the time OTS didnt do a Vista version, and highly recommend it.

www.sparklingdiscos.co.uk

www.sparklingdancefloors.co.uk

• 1 year later...