Dj's United

The police won't take your gear if it is on private property and you have the owners permission, unlike a rave where you don't have permission.

If it is too noisy the EH might get involved and serve a noise abatement notice on you or the owner, depending on how things progress it could then be confiscated.

If an abatement notice is served and you turn it down or stop, nothing will be done.

Jim

I have done many outside functions over the years and have only had a couple of complaints, most of which are about the bass. The police will only ask politely for you to keep the noise down however the residents may call the E.H. but by the time they go through their protocol the party will be over.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I did a gig about 8 years ago at an opening night of a restaurant in Leeds. I played for about 30 mins and had to switch off because of the neighbours complaining about the loud music...I still got paid....£150 for 30mins.....priceless

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Paul's Karaoke Entertainment

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

If a client has been warned previously about noise, then I'd imagine that a visit from the Environmental Health on the night could make matters rather complicated! :(

• 4 weeks later...

If a client has been warned previously about noise, then I'd imagine that a visit from the Environmental Health on the night could make matters rather complicated! :(

:joe:

Thanks for all the conflicting replys fellas,,,, ha ha

it still doesnt seem a good idea to me, too uneasy about it, oh well no more requests til summer i suppose, anyway ive got a friday saturday residency now so i wont need to bother for a while

i wouldnt really advise to do it although if you can get 150 for 30 mins work then get on to that...ha ha