Dj's United

Anyone got the Acme Super Nova Pack? £150 ish. I have a spare T bar to fill and was wondering what people thought of this pack, most outlets seem to have discontined it ?

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

acme/prolight have discontinued it, which is a shame, but times move on!

i have 8 of them (2 packs) and very happy, always bright enough and compliment a show nicely

it doesnt say so in the manual, but if you flick dipswitch 10, it will do the opposite sometimes, so i have it done on heads 2 and 4 and they do a clever strobe effect

that link is wrong, thats for ONE of the RGB versions

the normal price is abotu £148 for a set of 4 of the normal versions

are they worth it? yes 4 lights for £148, brightness isnt the issue, will they blow your mind? No! But they are a great compliment to a couple of other lights

that link is wrong, thats for ONE of the RGB versions

the normal price is abotu £148 for a set of 4 of the normal versions

are they worth it? yes 4 lights for £148, brightness isnt the issue, will they blow your mind? No! But they are a great compliment to a couple of other lights

The main product title for that page appears to say its a "pack", as does the image that goes with it, yet the description text only mentions it as a singular, and the product code also matches up as a singular unit... If it is singular then the RRP looks *very* inflated..

Could be that the price is missing a 1 out of the hundreds column? Yet if these have been discontinued, then they could just have many of these packs wanting to shift them to clear rack space...

I'd call up and check tbh. I've had problems ordering things before now and magically the price "has gone up" or some other excuse as to why the price has changed...

Cheers,

David

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I had a set, sold now. I used just the white lights, thought they were really good, something different to 'colours'.

I once read about the evils of heavy drinking ................ so I've stopped reading

COPYWIGHT: Elmer Fudd 1956, All wights wesewved.

the price and details on that link is to the RGB Version which is totally different effect. The price is correct for that product, along with the spec

they wont be clearing the super nova packs at that price, i know how much they cost to buy! Basically anything sold by prolight, find the cheapest price on google shopping and deduct 30% and you know how much they pay, they are not allowed to discount below 30%

the price and details on that link is to the RGB Version which is totally different effect. The price is correct for that product, along with the spec

they wont be clearing the super nova packs at that price, i know how much they cost to buy! Basically anything sold by prolight, find the cheapest price on google shopping and deduct 30% and you know how much they pay, they are not allowed to discount below 30%

Guess what, I ordered the pack from Solo Techinc last week just after posting this topic, It arrived today and , @$%##""!!! It's the single one they sent. I now have to sendit back and wait for a refund. JOY!!! :hurt: :wall: :crap:

www.swingcats.co.uk

i hate to say i told you....but seriously, why not buy another and make a show? By the time youve clobbered postage charges for sending it back, it may not be worth it?

I was so angry I did not even think of trying out the light! Maybe when my little girls gone to bed I'll try it out.

www.swingcats.co.uk

I note that they have removed the page from their site, where it was described as a pack with 4 lights.

Acme Super Nova Pack

Features:

DMX Channels: 2

Thousands of pre-programs

Sound active, Master/Slave and DMX modes

Low heat and low power consumption

No duty cycle

Pack includes: 2 x white, 2 x multi-colour units

Heavy duty road bag included

Specifications:

Power supply: 230v

LED: 1 x 3w each head

Dimensions: 205.5 x 141 x 127mm each

Weight: 8Kg (complete package)

The page is cached on Google though.

If you are going to return it I would tell them you want fully reimbursing for the postage too, as the mistake is totally theirs.

Jim

Edited by Dream Catchers

I note that they have removed the page from their site, where it was described as a pack with 4 lights.

The page is cached on Google though.

If you are going to return it I would tell them you want fully reimbursing for the postage too, as the mistake is totally theirs.

Jim

To be fair after i spoke to the sales guy on a 0115 number ( Hmm wonder what that cost?) They are sending a courier tomorrow at their expense. It's just hassle, you know what I'm saying, plus I don't get to fill my spare T bar with a cheap and cheerfull light option. :wacko:

www.swingcats.co.uk

It's a normal landline number for Nottingham :Thumbup:

Jim

Best news of the day, bugger all then! I'm having one of those days, I just heard from the e-bay seller I bought a leather Jacket from that his son wore it and ripped it, so he has refunded me. Not having much luck this week! LOL

:ouch:

Edited by Swingcats

www.swingcats.co.uk

The nightmare continues- DHL failed to pick up the parcel on Thursday as I went out for 30mins to pick my daughter up from school. They left a card to ring with premium rate number on it. I ran it and after 10 mins of press 1, do this, do that, I got to speak to someone, they said i could not arrange for a re-pick up the firm who sent it would have to that.

I e-mailed the Solo who replyed today with

Hi Chris We can organise another collection however there will be a charge of £10.00 + VAT. If you would like to go ahead with this then please call our sales staff on 01159171718. Kind Regards Returns DepartmentSolo Group LTD Tel: 0115 9171718Fax: 0115 9133577

I went down to DHL office in Yeovil with the parcel and was told no and had to bring it home.

I replyed saying it was their mistake, that they had a web page showing four lights, etc etc...... no reply. I have just rung them and was promised someone would ring back.

NIGHTMARE! :wall: :crap: :protest:

www.swingcats.co.uk

I replyed saying it was their mistake, that they had a web page showing four lights, etc etc

I don't know how long the cached page remains on Google.

I would download a copy of the page just in case they try to deny it once the page has gone.

It may be prudent to do a charge back on your card, at least then they will have to do the running around!

Jim

The nightmare continues- DHL failed to pick up the parcel on Thursday as I went out for 30mins to pick my daughter up from school. They left a card to ring with premium rate number on it. I ran it and after 10 mins of press 1, do this, do that, I got to speak to someone, they said i could not arrange for a re-pick up the firm who sent it would have to that.

I e-mailed the Solo who replyed today with

Hi Chris We can organise another collection however there will be a charge of £10.00 + VAT. If you would like to go ahead with this then please call our sales staff on 01159171718. Kind Regards Returns DepartmentSolo Group LTD Tel: 0115 9171718Fax: 0115 9133577

I went down to DHL office in Yeovil with the parcel and was told no and had to bring it home.

I replyed saying it was their mistake, that they had a web page showing four lights, etc etc...... no reply. I have just rung them and was promised someone would ring back.

NIGHTMARE! :wall: :crap: :protest:

Distance Selling Act

You will have to be careful - as the rules do not apply for Business to Business sales.

The goods are not as described, and so you can reject them and as a consumer, you can insist on their collection at your convenience.

By the sounds of it, they should be able to provide means for you to drop the package off at your local DHL.

Stand your ground...

Legally, you can insist on a refund BEFORE the goods are collected!

A fairly good explaination of your rights can be found here;

http://www.out-law.com/page-430#Return

The more tricky to read act can be view at;

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources...ng-regulations/

It sounds just bad luck that you had to nip out - I've had similar before, but the driver was dropping something off down the road and checked on his way back when he saw my car in the drive.

If you pay for a re-collection, then you'll either need to stay in all day OR risk the same happening again. This is not the merchants fault, but is stopping them getting the goods back.

I suggest asking them to provide a means for you to drop the goods off a DHL depot at no cost to you.

It looks to be an honest mistake on their part - and it sounds like they're trying to deal with it fairly.

Thanks guys, They did ring back but very relutant to waiver the £10 fee for re-pick up. He's going to ring me in the morning.

I did print off 2 copies of the page. :wacko:

www.swingcats.co.uk

Update, having spoken to the man at the other end, I was promised he would look into it and keep me updated. (Monday)

No phone calls for two days, and the parcel remains in my hall way, they still have my money.

I'll be on the phone yet again tomorrow. :devil:

www.swingcats.co.uk

Update, having spoken to the man at the other end, I was promised he would look into it and keep me updated. (Monday)

No phone calls for two days, and the parcel remains in my hall way, they still have my money.

I'll be on the phone yet again tomorrow. :devil:

Did you pay via Visa/Mastercard credit card? You may be able to initiate a chargeback ....

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Follow up any telephone conversation with an email with what was agreed.

Set a deadline for the refund (ie collection Thursday, full refund on Monday)

Once a supplier realises that you really DO need to return it, then they move a bit quicker.

If you feel you're being fobbed off, mention trading standards and then give them a call if you get no joy.

Normally a call from Trading standards, reporting a complaint will kick a company into paying attention.

I would consider a chargeback as a last resort, it will raise their risk profile, and potentially cause them big grief with their merchant account - remember they have already attempted collection but you had to pop out, from what I can read, this is a minor problem with what sounds like a simple error. Someone at their end need to take ownership (sorry for management speak!) of this and it will be fixed very quick

Considering this has only been a real problem since the 1st (they sent DHL to collect fairly quickly on Monday 30th), it sounds like they are trying to help and I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Follow up any telephone conversation with an email with what was agreed.

Set a deadline for the refund (ie collection Thursday, full refund on Monday)

Once a supplier realises that you really DO need to return it, then they move a bit quicker.

If you feel you're being fobbed off, mention trading standards and then give them a call if you get no joy.

Normally a call from Trading standards, reporting a complaint will kick a company into paying attention.

I would consider a chargeback as a last resort, it will raise their risk profile, and potentially cause them big grief with their merchant account - remember they have already attempted collection but you had to pop out, from what I can read, this is a minor problem with what sounds like a simple error. Someone at their end need to take ownership (sorry for management speak!) of this and it will be fixed very quick

Considering this has only been a real problem since the 1st (they sent DHL to collect fairly quickly on Monday 30th), it sounds like they are trying to help and I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Thanks for advice

Two guys this week promised to ring back and did not, so it's friday and nothing is sorted. I have e-mailed them today and will follow it upif they do not ring this morning.

www.swingcats.co.uk

Two guys this week promised to ring back and did not, so it's friday and nothing is sorted. I have e-mailed them today and will follow it upif they do not ring this morning.

Call them (if you have time) - emails get lost and are easy to ignore. A stroppy customer on the phone is a bit harder! :D

Good luck Chris!

Jason