Dj's United

Hi, been asked to start a quiz night at my resi, thing is never done one for 5 years+ and all my packs etc etc have all gone. Looking for some help on format or old quiz's you wanna pass on..

stu

Howay the lads

Startrax

www.toon-talk.co.uk

Heya Startrax,

I currently run a few pub quizes in my local area and seem to have found a format that most people enjoy....

We have 5 rounds..... 10 questions per round!

every question is worth 2 points ( This allows you to have multiple answer questions then ... for example : What two colours are most associated with Colour Blindness....1 point for each colour)

We usually do rounds 1 and 2... then take a break. We then swap the sheets over and do some marking to see how they are doing.

then swap back!

We then do Rounds 3 and 4 .... take a break and then swap again!

And then finally round 5....

I use to have a set catagory line up -

Round One : General Knowledge

Rouch Two : Theme/Feature Round

Round Three : General Knowledage

Round Four : Theme / Feature Round

Round Five : General Knowledge ( Always ending the quiz with a True or False Questions

I've now changed this so each round is a different topic, like History, Science, Music, Geography, Languages.... etc ....

I've also added Bonus rounds now, so I give each team an extra round on a seperate piece of paper... this could be a crossword, spot the difference, Anagrams... etc....

Currently my quiz nights pull in between 10-18 teams every sunday, with team sizes usually between 3 and 6 people.

If you would like to view an example of an answer sheet you can find one here : www.alexentertainment.co.uk/quiz.pdf

QUIZ QUESTIONS :

Be very very carefull of any questions you put into your quiz... I would say that at least 60% of questions that I've "Purchased" from quiz sites have been out of date or incorrect.

Always check the questions you use, and then triple check them again!

There is nothing worst then being the quizmaster and then being proven you are WRONG!

I currently have a database of over 10,000 questions which I've typed up myself using various resources.

Sounds strange, but pop down your local Carboot, you'll find Trivial Pursuit games there! you can then use the questions from there as a starter.... then you have quiz books from your local bookshop.

If you like, I can forward you a previously used quiz I've used if you like, just to get you started and see how it goes??

-- Alex --

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

Heya Startrax,

I currently run a few pub quizes in my local area and seem to have found a format that most people enjoy....

We have 5 rounds..... 10 questions per round!

every question is worth 2 points ( This allows you to have multiple answer questions then ... for example : What two colours are most associated with Colour Blindness....1 point for each colour)

We usually do rounds 1 and 2... then take a break. We then swap the sheets over and do some marking to see how they are doing.

then swap back!

We then do Rounds 3 and 4 .... take a break and then swap again!

And then finally round 5....

I use to have a set catagory line up -

Round One : General Knowledge

Rouch Two : Theme/Feature Round

Round Three : General Knowledage

Round Four : Theme / Feature Round

Round Five : General Knowledge ( Always ending the quiz with a True or False Questions

I've now changed this so each round is a different topic, like History, Science, Music, Geography, Languages.... etc ....

I've also added Bonus rounds now, so I give each team an extra round on a seperate piece of paper... this could be a crossword, spot the difference, Anagrams... etc....

Currently my quiz nights pull in between 10-18 teams every sunday, with team sizes usually between 3 and 6 people.

If you would like to view an example of an answer sheet you can find one here : www.alexentertainment.co.uk/quiz.pdf

QUIZ QUESTIONS :

Be very very carefull of any questions you put into your quiz... I would say that at least 60% of questions that I've "Purchased" from quiz sites have been out of date or incorrect.

Always check the questions you use, and then triple check them again!

There is nothing worst then being the quizmaster and then being proven you are WRONG!

I currently have a database of over 10,000 questions which I've typed up myself using various resources.

Sounds strange, but pop down your local Carboot, you'll find Trivial Pursuit games there! you can then use the questions from there as a starter.... then you have quiz books from your local bookshop.

If you like, I can forward you a previously used quiz I've used if you like, just to get you started and see how it goes??

-- Alex --

Pm'd...

stu

Howay the lads

Startrax

www.toon-talk.co.uk

will send a reply in the morning :)

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk