Dj's United

Powered Bass Unit

I was wondering if its possible to buy a smallish but effective powered bass bin.

I am running a a pair of 400w speakers althought they sound quite good on their own I want to add a little extra bass.

If they can be bought any recomendations ?

thanks

Well first thing is, what size drivers are in your speakers? 12"? 15"? In fact, what make and model are your speakers? I ask because you would need a sub that has a bigger driver than your speakers in order to maintain a balance of bass and mid-high levels. Obviously the power of the sub matters there too. As a DJ I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than a 15" sub anyway, but then it depends what you mean by "a little extra bass"? =P

Also, how much are you thinking about spending?

As with everything you buy in this day and age, the more you spend, the better build quality, and better sound in terms of punchy, tight bass.

Subs by RCF, dB Tech, JBL or Cerwin Vega are all top end, but would be worth the investment. Although JBL are very expensive, and Cerwin Vega subs are pretty heavy. So really, your best bet is RCF or dB... IMO.

D.

Well first thing is, what size drivers are in your speakers? 12"? 15"? In fact, what make and model are your speakers? I ask because you would need a sub that has a bigger driver than your speakers in order to maintain a balance of bass and mid-high levels. Obviously the power of the sub matters there too. As a DJ I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than a 15" sub anyway, but then it depends what you mean by "a little extra bass"? =P

Also, how much are you thinking about spending?

As with everything you buy in this day and age, the more you spend, the better build quality, and better sound in terms of punchy, tight bass.

Subs by RCF, dB Tech, JBL or Cerwin Vega are all top end, but would be worth the investment. Although JBL are very expensive, and Cerwin Vega subs are pretty heavy. So really, your best bet is RCF or dB... IMO.

D.

im using a pair opf pro sound 400's they give a good sound but not a lot of depth to the bass think they only use 12" drivers, im just after something that will add a little oomph 15" sounds about right . well price ermmm max £150, any chance ?

would this do it ?........ http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/Behringer-BA210-Guitar-Amp.html

Edited by flash911

that behringer unit looks terrible

£150 is NOT realistic, especially as youd need an amp to run it

the Prosound tops are not very good either

Personally, id save up and buy some better tops and replace what you have, less carrying around and youll get a huge boost in volume, bass and huge jump in quality

that behringer unit looks terrible

£150 is NOT realistic, especially as youd need an amp to run it

the Prosound tops are not very good either

Personally, id save up and buy some better tops and replace what you have, less carrying around and youll get a huge boost in volume, bass and huge jump in quality

thanks for that, will see what sort of money santa sends me this xmas, any suggestions on a pair of speakers ?

The Behringer you linked to is a bass-guitar speaker, not a PA speaker and is thus unsuitable.

At £150 for a powered subwoofer, you'll be hard pressed to get anything new that will stand the rigours of a disco on the road.

Either up-your-budget or look for second hand!

The Behringer you linked to is a bass-guitar speaker, not a PA speaker and is thus unsuitable.

At £150 for a powered subwoofer, you'll be hard pressed to get anything new that will stand the rigours of a disco on the road.

Either up-your-budget or look for second hand!

thanks for all the replies will try and up my budget :Thumbup:

i like the look of the b52, just have to see if santa will agree ;0)

thanks for the tip

yeah, there was a speaker meet on another forum I use and the b52 was very impressive in comparison

to funktion one, bose and void systems many multiples more expensive!

• 3 weeks later...