Dj's United

Weekend 4 - 6 December 09

Well I have now returned in full to start off my Christmas season 2009 and I am entering in gently after my recent health problems.

Saturday 5th christmas party at a 5* hotel

Should be an easy evening.

Remember If You Drink Don't DrIvE

The party season is now upon us and the police drink drive campaign now come into full force

:tree:

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Another busy weekendfor me.

Agency work on friday

21st on saturday

14th on sunday

Saturday night is a rock playlist with a bit of 80's! Should be a good night.

Songs to play

I will choose again lol

Xmas Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Xmas Everyday

50s Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife

60s The Monkees - Daydream Believer

70s The Ramones - Sheena Is a Punk Rocker

80s Rod Stewart - Baby Jane

90s Ocean Colour Scene - The Day We Caught The Train

00s Pink - Leave Me Alone (Great if you've got the right adult crowd!)

Also try and coem back post how has it gone. Maybe take a camera, and post your playlist in the Music forum!

Have a good time

Gary

I started this thread went for a cuppa half way through and you beat me to it!

I merged it!

Good advice on the drink, espically if you use a car and they can see you have a full load.

Gary

Edited by Gary (GDK)

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

Dating agency party this weekend with over 100 single mostly divorced 30-50 year olds.

Should be entertaining!! :love:

I can bet that Gloria Gaynor will be requested a few times :ads:

Teez :tree:

Ruby Wedding Saturday for me. Email was "no RnB/Hip Hop" - this worried me as they also requested modern/chart music (as well as oldies)- most chart stuff has RnB/Hip-Hop undertones!

All is ok though, the clients dad just doesn't want "Gangsta Rap" - ie heavy stuff.

Sunday is a girls 10th birthday. 5mins drive away, 1hr of music, so nice easy money and over 1hr of playlist, so no worries about music.

The venue is fairly nice, so I hope to we'll be able to get some photos/video of gear (not the kids)

Jas

30th Birthday on Friday night. Interesting request on the playlist "Praga Kahn - Injected with a Poison". That takes me back to 1991/2 and the Hitman & Her Era!

Its an upstairs gig. boo!!

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Ruby Wedding Saturday for me. Email was "no RnB/Hip Hop" - this worried me as they also requested modern/chart music (as well as oldies)- most chart stuff has RnB/Hip-Hop undertones!

All is ok though, the clients dad just doesn't want "Gangsta Rap" - ie heavy stuff.

Sunday is a girls 10th birthday. 5mins drive away, 1hr of music, so nice easy money and over 1hr of playlist, so no worries about music.

The venue is fairly nice, so I hope to we'll be able to get some photos/video of gear (not the kids)

Jas

You'll be trying out your new laser?

Sorry just wanted to use that smiley!

Well I have now returned in full to start off my Christmas season 2009 and I am entering in gently after my recent health problems.

Saturday 5th christmas party at a 5* hotel

Should be an easy evening.

Remember If You Drink Don't DrIvE

The party season is now upon us and the police drink drive campaign now come into full force

Christmas Party Fri night, company gig in a hotel. I am due on after the meal for 2 hours. Sounds easy but I just dont know what crowd I will have. :wall: Trying to put some idea of a play list together at the moment.

You'll be trying out your new laser?

Oh yes! Saturday is no the smartest venue, so will be trying out my 2 Par64's to wash the walls.

Will be RED (closish to Ruby).

Oh yes! Saturday is no the smartest venue, so will be trying out my 2 Par64's to wash the walls.

Will be RED (closish to Ruby).

What pars did you get?

DJ David Graham

What pars did you get?

ADJ Par65B

http://www.americandj.com/ProductDetails.a...ItemNumber=1650

I wanted something with push button (as opposed to DIP switch) set-up, and also a built-in stand for floor use.

I've only got 2, and paid £80 each from http://www.rsdmusic.com

If this is something I'd want to proceed with (uplighting), then I'll probably go for smaller models for the rest of the kit - leaving the 2 Par64's for behind/aside "me"

The various modes are easy to use, and a small selection of colours (R, G, B, W and a few others), and colour fade, sound to light and plain DMX (various configurations including simple RGB)

For most gigs, I won't be using a DMX controller with these.

ADJ Par65B

http://www.americandj.com/ProductDetails.a...ItemNumber=1650

I wanted something with push button (as opposed to DIP switch) set-up, and also a built-in stand for floor use.

I've only got 2, and paid £80 each from http://www.rsdmusic.com

If this is something I'd want to proceed with (uplighting), then I'll probably go for smaller models for the rest of the kit - leaving the 2 Par64's for behind/aside "me"

The various modes are easy to use, and a small selection of colours (R, G, B, W and a few others), and colour fade, sound to light and plain DMX (various configurations including simple RGB)

For most gigs, I won't be using a DMX controller with these.

They sound similar to what MintyDave has... Assume the white colour actually looks more white than an awful blue my kam pars have... and also pretty bright?

Cheers.

DJ David Graham

They sound similar to what MintyDave has... Assume the white colour actually looks more white than an awful blue my kam pars have... and also pretty bright?

Cheers.

"pretty bright" - still recovering from Arc-Eye when I leaned over it and pushed the mode button and got an eye-full of white!

On our ceiling, the white is pretty good. I attached some diffusion material, and the beam is much nicer (it was ok anyway).

I thought my ears were burning. yes i do have the afore metioned par cans and i love em. the white is 'white not quite' but near enough. i use them all the time now that smoke is banned placing 2 just behind my speaker stands as uplighters or flooding the ceiling. the elation controller has some excellent features and is easy to use. I have also blinded myself a few times

gig wise

thursday - pub karaoke night for a works xmas party

friday - local primary school xmas disco

friday - local dance group xmas party

saturday - motorbike club xmas party

saturday - wedding

sunday - rub my hands together counting all those loverly tenners :D

Edited by MintyDave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Now doing a school Xmas Fair tomorrow afternoon. Nice to be told about it at the last minute. D'oh! Should be interesting as music required in two areas...

Cheers

David

DJ David Graham

That will make you a Minted Minty Dave LOL

Jim

sadly the builders are starting on monday - goodbye to all those lovely tenners, been nice knowing you

Now doing a school Xmas Fair tomorrow afternoon. Nice to be told about it at the last minute. D'oh! Should be interesting as music required in two areas...

Cheers

David

thats where my split personality helps

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I've just had a cancelation for Sunday :@

Oh well sending them the first letter....

Got 2 this weekend.

Local Home / Centre for old / disabled persons Christmas Party Thursday night.

21st B'day Party Saturday night at one of my local pubs.

Good Weekend all round.

:tree: :snow:

Merry Xmas everybody.

Wayne

sadly the builders are starting on monday - goodbye to all those lovely tenners, been nice knowing you

thats where my split personality helps

And nothing that meters and meters of XLR cable and a slave amp in the other area won't solve :) (hidden from fiddling fingers! thank goodness for flight cases !)

Also all xmas music so blergh - not much really to do - its just background music with PA / mic use for announcements etc.. :)

David

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Dating agency party this weekend with over 100 single mostly divorced 30-50 year olds.

Should be entertaining!! :love:

I can bet that Gloria Gaynor will be requested a few times :ads:

So, first ever mini giglog...let me know what you think!

Never really had time to do much filming as it was a really busy night but they danced non-stop from 11.00 thru 01.30!!

Friday night - Agency gig - not pleased, lugged my stuff in a lift at NCFC and then carted out onto the second floor. I was then told the function room was 300 feet away and could I set up 30 mins earlier than the contract stated? After knackering myself I started with some xmas background music.

After the gig I had then to walk 300 feet to the lift whilst under some pressure from the security staff to get out of the building. :lil devil:

Had a disabled home / centre Xmas party last Thursday, went down a treat. Then a 21st Birthday at a local pub last night. They loved it, dancing from 9pm, straight through until gone 12.30 ish. Cracking night. Need to rest myself for next weekend now. Jam packed, Friday, Saturday, Sunday next week. Well and truly being looked forward to.

Merry Xmas everybody.

Here's to a busy, fun packed Xmas and New Year.

:funjokeandlaugh:

:grouphug:

:cheers:

Wayne.

Domain Disco / Karaoke.

Good weekend here;

Sat - Ruby Wedding in function room of local pub.

Upstairs, but not too bad.

We did an early set-up, and was hoping to do a time-lapse set-up on the camera. Lost interest after a few mins of Carmen pressing buttons..

Not much room, as I think the room had shrunk since we popped in during the week!

Set-up took about 1hr, as we were trying to get speaker stands away from chairs. All ok in the end.

Rigged up my new ParCans, Master/Slave on a slow colour fade. Looked good - but they were not in ideal spots due to space. I rigged them behind my gear, aimed along each wall.

We left request sheets on the tables, and throu the night, these were handed in. A good friendly bunch, and all up for the oldies and cheese. The Dad also liked a bit of modern guitar music, and so I used that as an excuse to drop a few more modern tracks in - reverting back to oldies with "Valerie".

Thanks off the Mum, apparently I'm the best DJ's she's seen. I guess she's not been to many parties! lol

I had a few request for cards, and the promise of a call for a 2010 wedding.

Also had a nice chat with the landlady - and she also has my card.

They had a DJ playing in their main bar, that also looked a good night.

Piccy;

Sunday, a nice Kids 10th birthday in the function room of a bar. We arrived early, chatted to manager and she brought over some coffees :dukesy:

Again, a small room, but set-up was nice and quick. Speakers were on the floor, T-Bar was behind me, so fairly compact.

The parents arrived, got balance payment and offers of more drinks. The birthday girl was very polite, and as with most kids party, very easy to please.

Easy money, but also enjoyable for us to see the kids having a great time.

Got offered food- tucked in as the kids were tucking into theirs and there was still loads left (catering done by venue, so food was nice and hot!)

Big thanks from family, and then a quick to chat to manager and passed off my card.

Then... across to Essex to check out a venue for a Christmas party for next Sunday. I was told there wasn't much room. The stage I'm using is nice and big - and they could probably fit a 5-piece band there!

The client has been hard work ie "none of the other DJ's had terms and conditions"... , and so I combined the visit with Sunday dinner (with profiteroles!) and a cuppa with a mate.

We did an early set-up, and was hoping to do a time-lapse set-up on the camera. Lost interest after a few mins of Carmen pressing buttons..

well we kind of got a time lapse, but the cam was set on 2 pics every 10 minutes which wasn't really enough for a good sequence and I didn't have enough time to figure out how to change the setting. It did get a good feel for the changing light colours from the parcans etc later in the set up during the sound and light check.

Now I've worked out how to change the time lapse settings on the camera I'm definitely going to do it again as it could be interesting!