Dj's United

Using A Sub On It'side

Hi all

About to invest in a powered 15inch sub to back up the Mackies. I intend to place the sub under the girraffe stand, which is covered by a star cloth. The height available between the floor and the first horizontal bar of the stand is 53cm. This means either buying a 12inch sub or putting a 15inch sub on it's side.

I could remove the girraffe stand bar leaving 3 in place instead of 4, but I don't want to do this.

Are there any issues in running asub on it's side?

Hi all

About to invest in a powered 15inch sub to back up the Mackies. I intend to place the sub under the girraffe stand, which is covered by a star cloth. The height available between the floor and the first horizontal bar of the stand is 53cm. This means either buying a 12inch sub or putting a 15inch sub on it's side.

I could remove the girraffe stand bar leaving 3 in place instead of 4, but I don't want to do this.

i've been told before that it's fine to do

or do what i did, drilled two holes just above where the sub is on the stand and buy two bolts washers and wing nuts, repositioned the bar .

or do what i did, drilled two holes just above where the sub is on the stand and buy two bolts washers and wing nuts, repositioned the bar .

once for each side obviously.

or - put the sub under your deck stand - bass is non directional so doesnt need to be near a apeaker.

or - and this scares even me - buy a sub with a speaker mount and attach top to sub by means of pole and do away with one stand......... (i did it a couple of times.......)

...and this scares even me - buy a sub with a speaker mount and attach top to sub by means of pole and do away with one stand......... (i did it a couple of times.......)

Sorry BlueJools - possibly a silly question, but why would this be scary/bad?

I thought this is a fairly common way to place a sub. I normally bring both and use pole to mount my tops.

However, I've sometimes taken 1 sub and used it to mount a single top.

I think the LD Systems Dave setup can have both tops mounted on a frame going into the sub (which has the amp & crossovers).

Jas

Hi all

Hi i was using a 4 ft stand at weekend with sub under the bottom shelf it fitted in perfectly and sounded great behing the star cloth, like yourself i also use mackie tops, the sub i use is a yamaha msr800 watt powered unit, it is a 15 inch unit but the cab is compact for being powered