Dj's United

Mpsd-1 Sd Card Player..

hi all,,

thinking of upgrading the drive equipment here,thinking of a mpsd-1 duel sd card and mp3 player.

would appreciate any comments that any one have regarding the usability of this player before

i make a purchase.

at the moment i use a twin cd player so a complete change of format and licence requirements

would have to be realised i know...

any advice on this unit would be very much appreciated......thanks,

two old codgers who at our age should know better.(G7AJG)

If it's anything like it's ADJ cousin of which I have one (looks the same other than the label) I would say..

- Really cheap/good value

- Simple to operate

- Better than mine because it takes a USB and HCSD cards

- Definitely try it out first as on mine it's difficult to find tracks on the card out of sequence as menu is joggger wheel based (That's a lot of scrolling)

It's ideal as a backup unit (which is why I bought it) or if your set is all preplanned but otherwise spend the extra few quid and get a screen that displays the full track name/artist etc.all at the same time.

IMHO

Teez :tree:

Edited by Teez
  • 2 weeks later...

There are two differences to the Citronic MPSD1 and the ADJ SDJ-1, the first as already mentioned the Citronic one has USB input as well as the SD Card input.

The second difference is that on the ADJ version you can advance track, but having a 2nd track ready on each deck... however the Citronic one doesn't have this feature.

They are both superb value for money units, and I personally think SD card is the best method of DJing these days... I am not a fan of laptops and would never personally book a DJ that used a laptop for my own reasons.... but SD Cards are so reliable and still give the feel of DJing in the sense of a twin deck. The downside is you can't put too many tracks on an SD card without then making it difficult to find your track

Disco & Karaoke Equipment on-line or in-store...

www.discoworlduk.com

I have just looked at the Citronic and it does look as if it could be a good buy.

I am very reluctant to go to laptop dj'ing but this seems to give the next best thing.

With one of these rack mounted it appears to give 3 or 4 options.Stick with your usual cd output and you have the option of 2SD cards with about 2000 tracks or a memory stick or an external HD with all your tracks on for that one track that someone always wants that you never normally carry or dont have on cd.

I am not too much of a techie man, but if your exHD were to be connected to a laptop with iTune on it and that in turn connected to the USB on the Citronic would that make it easier to pick out tracks or does the exHD have to be connected to the Citronic.

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

Personally I would treat the dual SD players as a modern version of the Mini Disc Player, have several SD cards not loaded too heavily with tracks so they are easy to find and catalogue your tracks and discs some way.

I don't think I would connect a Hard Drive to one of these units. If I wanted to do that then I would go down the Cortex style player route.

The other option of course if you wanted to use a laptop and stick with a dual controller is the American Audio DP-2 which is amazing value for money as the controller includes the PCDJ software.

Disco & Karaoke Equipment on-line or in-store...

www.discoworlduk.com