Dj's United

2 pin Plug With The Denon cd??

Hi guys can anyone help me out with this prob,i have the denon cd and it came with a 2 pin plug and although i have it plugged into a shaver adapter plug its not very secure and if i move the cable the power goes!!! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/fear.gif ...can i cut the end of and wire it to a normal 3 pin plug??.without a fuse i imagine????i have a fear tonight of my first gig (by the way!!) going **** up!!...i have a 40th birthday party tonight!! ohhhh im scared!!.... any last minute tips guyz??

You'll already have'em dancin by now, but YES, its perfectly ok to chop the plug off and put the two wires into a uk mains plug, with a 3amp fuse.

Hey robzter, let us know how it went with the DENONS, did you have any problems

and what model do you have, Im near buying Denon or the Pioneers.

And it is ok to change plugs in the UK but NOT the USA, not certain about other

countires, other countries should read their documentation, if in doubt contact

the agents for said products

And it is ok to change plugs in the UK but NOT the USA

Yes, it is perfectly okay to change the plug from the 2 pin variety to a standard UK 3 pin. It won't invalidate your warranty, but for safety sake replace the 13A fuse with a 2 or 3 amp version.

Gary, this is another bugbear I have with Denon!. They are quick to find fault with UK dealers importing and selling "Grey Imports" bought cheaply and bypassing the "non authorised" UK Network, yet it is evident that Denon UK are doing the same thing!. If they are adamant about selling "UK Spec" versions then at least get them to have the decency to fit a UK Plug to substantiate the claim! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif . The non fused 2 pin version is mickey mouse and can be dangerous if the user simply resorts to plugging it into a shaver adaptor!. You'd think that Denon UK would spend 20p on a 3 pin plug for a £700 cd player!, my stock of £150 Dual budget CD Players all had 3 pin plugs fitted.

But shaver adaptors are fused too...admittedly only one amp..but still safer than no fuse at all between wall socket and appliance.

But, thats obviously not the answer you're looking for. Yes, I agree that it would be nice if the only plug you find on an item bought in the UK, was a 3pin UK one.

Arghhhhh, nobody should be using a shaver adaptor other than to make sure the player "lights up" upon receipt. There is no locking mechanism in them, which means that the plug wobbles around in the adaptor, and as "Robster" found, it is not usable - to the point where the bass beat of the music causes the connection to make / break!.

Even with the few tens of watts an average Denon consumes, this continuous arc-ing can overheat the adaptor and in the case of the cheap, market sold plastic types - can be a fire hazard.

That'll be why Denon, dont supply shaver adaptors.;)

But, yes, it would be nice to see 3pin plugs fitted on UK electrical gear "out of the box"