Dj's United

Hi guys my name is Aaron i live in south west london and have been djing for the last 5 years (since 13) i'm not the greatest when it comes to mixing certain types of music but always get the crowd going, so i've finally decided to turn my pasion in to a living :P before i go just want to know what you guys believe is a good hourly rate to go by? (keeping in mind i deliver a good, punctual and professional service and don't use the ebay specials for equipment lol).

Hi Aaron,

welcome to the forums...

hourly rates vary area to area... setup to setup so it's tricky to comment and give a correct answer.

Please see this thread :

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showto...mp;#entry249193

Also, personally I see nothing wrong with ebay purchases, as you can get a lot of great bargains from there... however sometimes things are massively overpriced too.

Anyway, good luck and welcome to the forums :)

Alex

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

:welcome: to the forum.

Hourly rates vary vastly. Most DJ's charge a rate for their services which IMO depends on the type and length of the function.

A wedding would demand a premium where a childrens party wouldn't.

Reasearch your local area to get a guide and pitch yourself in the middle to start.

When I price I also take into account venue access: Stairs, Parking etc I charge additional costs for poor access.

Don't forget to take into account Traveling costs, PLI, PAT Testing and maintenance costs as well.

Party DJ's are now in the minority and it is refreshing to see a Youngster trying to keep the art alive.

I wish you all the luck with your venture and hope that you have as much fun as I have. Live the dream and don't be put off by the negatives that may crop up.

Ray

Edited by Raymilkybarkid

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

:welcome: to the forum.

Hourly rates vary vastly. Most DJ's charge a rate for their services which IMO depends on the type and length of the function.

A wedding would demand a premium where a childrens party wouldn't.

Reasearch your local area to get a guide and pitch yourself in the middle to start.

When I price I also take into account venue access: Stairs, Parking etc I charge additional costs for poor access.

Don't forget to take into account Traveling costs, PLI, PAT Testing and maintenance costs as well.

Party DJ's are now in the minority and it is refreshing to see a Youngster trying to keep the art alive.

I wish you all the luck with your venture and hope that you have as much fun as I have. Live the dream and don't be put off by the negatives that may crop up.

Ray

hey guys thanks for the advice and thanks for the surportive words Ray put a little bit of a smile on my face. take care all

Hi Aaron,

welcome to the forums...

hourly rates vary area to area... setup to setup so it's tricky to comment and give a correct answer.

Please see this thread :

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showto...mp;#entry249193

Also, personally I see nothing wrong with ebay purchases, as you can get a lot of great bargains from there... however sometimes things are massively overpriced too.

Anyway, good luck and welcome to the forums :)

Alex

thanks for the advice...............and by ebay special i ment these german 1000 watt packages with two 10" speakers and a 200 watt amp lol

• 4 weeks later...

:welcome:

Hi Aaron

A belated welcome aboard - I've not been on the forum for a little while.

It's a great place for support and advice - use it!

eBay - don't knock anywhere there may be a bargain to be had. It's a pricey business!!

Good Luck

Kev

Roadies Disco

• 2 weeks later...

:welcome:

Hi Aaron

A belated welcome aboard - I've not been on the forum for a little while.

It's a great place for support and advice - use it!

eBay - don't knock anywhere there may be a bargain to be had. It's a pricey business!!

Good Luck

Kev

Roadies Disco

hi again all, thanks for all the advice, just want to clarifie what i meant by ebay specials, by this i meant the PA systems that look great from germany .... 1000watts max 200watts rms lol i know theres bargins to have as i my self am a fan of ebay but a fan of genuin bargins at that :) once again thanks all

Hi

Great to hear that you have decided to turn your pasion in to a living. I would say that hourly rates are initially determined by the individual service, i.e what are your overheads.

Have you a business plan?

There are many topics and guides which can be read in both the Marketing and Business Matters area of the forum, from the business link website and from DJ@.

Welcome aboard!

:djuhi: