Dj's United

Numark Cd Mix 1,2 & 3

Thinking about another back-up easy solution cd/mixer.

Wanted comments from users as I know that some people have experienced breakdowns from some units in the past.

Is it worth getting the MIx 3 compared to the Mix 2? Are these good enough for life on the road?

Any comments good and bad please.

Hi! I used a Numark CD Mix 2 at least 2 nights a week for about 2 years and never had a single problem with it. I found it so much easy to transport than separate CD player and mixer, and to be honest I prefered it to my previous (more expensive) set up of CDN34 and 1835X mixer.

In fact, I wish I had not sold the CD Mix 2, and have just bought a second hand CD Mix 1 to last me until I have enough cash to buy and nother CD Mix 2.

Hope this helps! Mark.

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Hi! I used a Numark CD Mix 2 at least 2 nights a week for about 2 years and never had a single problem with it. I found it so much easy to transport than separate CD player and mixer, and to be honest I prefered it to my previous (more expensive) set up of CDN34 and 1835X mixer.

In fact, I wish I had not sold the CD Mix 2, and have just bought a second hand CD Mix 1 to last me until I have enough cash to buy and nother CD Mix 2.

Hope this helps! Mark.

Does it only play CD-r's?

• 1 month later...

I have the cdmix 3 in the numark case. I bought it with the intention of using it at most gigs as I loved the weight and simplicity of it. I have seen alot of mixed feedback on them and unfortunately I have to say I was not a bit pleased when CD Player 1 froze on me in the middle of a 21st. Had to switch it for my old system and music was shut off for 5-10 minutes, not pleased about that at all. I tested it at home since and the problem appears to be gone for now but I decided I would use this as a backup system only from now on. It's weight makes it ideal for this, but I wouldn't depend on it as my main system ever again. I suppose you get what you pay for and it is a budget unit. Then again I used budget KAM CD Players for 10 years without a problem, you never know I guess, I have since heard that you can upgrade the CD Lasers in the unit and that solves the problem but I still wouldn't trust this unit again, once is once too often to let me down.

www.tipperarypartydj.com

I used a cdmix2 for about 4 years - never had a moments problem with it. Light weight, compact and easy to use. Wouldn't go for the cdmix1 as I think you really need autoshock (especially in some of the bouncy floor places I've played) - haven't used the cdmix3.

For back-up at the moment I use one of those Numark idj ipod mixers (cost me £89) - I have two ipods with the same songs on (keep them regularly updated so pretty well mirrors what I have on cd and in my hd2500) - so, worse case scenario, main unit goes down, have the ipod mixer, if that fails as well still have the ipods, and if they both fail I'm going home!

I had a CDMix2 as a back up for 2 years. Never used it on a gig.

When I decided to sell it on the laser had gone in deck 2.

Simple repair. Cost £35 - but it could hardly be put down to wear and tear!

On of my DJ mates has a cd mix2 and he says it does sometimes have problems reading the odd disc

I have CDMIXII adn yes it does have problems ready some of the pro mixed CD's or some copies but generally it is a super bit of stuff...never let me down and rarely skips...even on CD's that have been used millions of times. Highly recomend it and the auto fader is a great little cheat.

Like I said in an earlier post the feedback on this thing is really hit and miss on some other review forums too. I actually loved using it until it let me down badly by freezing up, how embaressing for any DJ in the middle of a gig. It is so light for mobile gigs just plug it in and you're away, what a pity that Numark couldn't make the thing more reliable as it really would be a must have piece of kit for any mobile DJ if they could sort out this reliability problem. Maybe other DJ's just treat this as something that happens from time to time, but personally I have nightmares about equipment failure and worry before any gig whether sound will come out of the speakers when I press play.

www.tipperarypartydj.com

Just checked on the numark website to see if you can update the firmware as i can update my numark cdn95 with downloaded software burnt to a cd but unfortunately the mix series doesn't support updates.

I have heard some horror stories of the mix series shutting down in the middle of sets and a common one is the cd tray wont open.

But I guess it all comes down to how well you look after your kit numark is a big name and produces quality affordable gear.

:otop: Have yo seen the NDX800's defo on my wish list

Good music is in the ear of the beholder or so im told