Dj's United

Njd Datamoons Or Acme Impossibled

Right, following my last question, I have decided I need something like a moonflower type effect..... something I can shine at the floor/wall etc and still be effective without smoke.

Ive done a little research and decided I would probably be best to go for either a pair of NJD Datamoons or a pair of ACME ImpossibLED's. Both can be linked together (which I would do). The Datamoons are cheaper (about £230 online for a pair, including flight case, cables and controller). Probably I slightly prefer the effect of the Datamoons, but the ImpossibLED's are lighter - which is always good! I know a lot if it is down to personal preference etc, but could anyone advise out of the two I have mentioned which they would go for....

Thanks in advance! Mark

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Ive been useing 4 datamoons for years now and wouldnt change them for anything else. They are far brighter than anything else ive used all down to the good optics.

Alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

although the impossibled's are lighter, use less power and do have a good spread, the little red blue and green dots are not the best thing to project onto walls. Look great in smoke but a true gobo moonflower is, IMO, far superior. I have a pair of none dmx gobo effect lights (wildtech) and these are very bright and look pretty good even though they are budget vesions.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Thanks guys, that was the response I was hoping for ;O) The I prefer the look of the Datamoons, and they are cheaper too - I will just have to keep fit to carry around the extra weight. Just need to sell a couple of things now to raise some cash and will try and get one of the good deals on eBay at the moment.

Thanks again, Mark.

07825 641 090

• 2 weeks later...

Ive decided to go for the Datamoons, and hope to place an order next week.

There seem to be a lot of good deals on the "kit", includiong 2 Datamoons, case, lead and controller. I am thinking of getting one kit now, and possibly another kit in the near future.

This will give me 4 Datamoons, and 2 controllers. My question is, is it best to have 2 controllers for the four lights, or can all the lights be linked and controlled by a single controller.

Which is best? I guess with 2 controllers I could have each pair doing something different.

Cheers, Mark.

07825 641 090