Dj's United

Guys,

Having a few problems with Red Mobile PCDJ ... with Karaoki plugin....

I've downloaded the trial and already I'm having problems.

Everytime I run it, it crashes after 2 or 3 songs.... something to do with the winmm.dll......

I've asked PCDJ and they have no idea on the problem :(

Wondered if anyone else has used this software and had a problem.... and if so, did you fix it? And how??

Current Laptop Specs :

Sony Vaio AR71S

Operating System : Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 ( 32 Bit )

RAM : 4gb

HD Size : 500gb which currently has 200gig free ( rest taken up with music only )

Processor : Intel Core2Duo T9300

And the other question I have is...... What about OtsAV.... I've heard it will only play OTS files... and not MP3.... is this true? If so, does that mean I would have problems with my Produb license ?? I mean, techinically thats two format shifts PER track!

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

There are a number of reported issues with Vista, no doubt many before the SP2 was released!!!

Did the software work ok before the plugin was installed? Is there a plug-in patch? Come to think of it, which platform of PCDJ operates happily on Vista based machines, with plugins?

If the developers / support can't even help or advise, then I can only suggest installing DJ software on a bare-bones system with something like Windows XP, because it would be a shame to strip down this Vaio and it's Vista intended features to do the equivalent of what an XP machine would happily cope with, if you get my drift.

Windows 7 may have done away with a lot of the reported bloat features of Vista, and could be an alternative Operating System to consider (which is also reportedly faster and more stable than Vista?!). Whatever you choose to do, it's a good idea to keep a back-up of your music first.

Try not to be in a rush to remove software and the OS too quickly, as someone may have a solution and just might be out building a snowman at the moment!

When I use Fruity Loops on my Vaio VGN-NR32L, I use classic theme, disable the internet, backgrond software, etc (don't even use a background desktop piccy!) because even though the music software is intended 'compatable' for use with Vista OS's, I still experience odd problems and glitches, and indeed, it's frustrating when you are working and suddenly it freezes or hangs up! LOL!

You'll have to refer to the T&Cs of your licence / issuers with regard to format shifting, in case you're technically underpaying yor dues! LOL! I don't need the licence so not an issue or concern for me.

What about OtsAV.... I've heard it will only play OTS files... and not MP3.... is this true? If so, does that mean I would have problems with my Produb license ?? I mean, techinically thats two format shifts PER track!

That used to be true but that many people complained about it that otslabs eventually changed it so it will now play mp3/wav etc without any need to convert to ots files.

They do nag and try their best to persuade you that it's the best thing to do but there is absolutely no need.

When you scan your music library otsav will create a small (round about 6k if I remember right) file for every mp3 that contains info such as bpm.

I particularly remember that part as when I stopped using otsav I spent ages removing thousands of them :-(

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk