Dj's United

Can Pcdj Auto Recognisetrack Name Or Do They Need To Be Input Manually

Hi guys!

I have a laptop running PCDJ Red, which I bought around 7 years ago. Software is original.

As I never connected the laptop to the internet (to avoid viruses etc), I manually entered each track name, artist etc. However, as you can imagine this takes quite a bit of time.

Is this what everyone does, or does PCDJ have some recognition where it automatically fills in title & artist information if it is connected to the internet?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I have a load more CD's to add (just getting back into this after a long break), and anything that would make loading CD's easier would be very much appreiated!

Best regards, Mark.

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Hi guys!

I have a laptop running PCDJ Red, which I bought around 7 years ago. Software is original.

As I never connected the laptop to the internet (to avoid viruses etc), I manually entered each track name, artist etc. However, as you can imagine this takes quite a bit of time.

Is this what everyone does, or does PCDJ have some recognition where it automatically fills in title & artist information if it is connected to the internet?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I have a load more CD's to add (just getting back into this after a long break), and anything that would make loading CD's easier would be very much appreiated!

Best regards, Mark.

I'm afraid you are going to have to bite the bullit and connect to the internet.

I use a free anti virus programme called AVG, i also use iTunes which will list every track on 99.9% of Cd's.

I have been using these programmes for several years and have never had a problem or a virus

If you don't want to install itunes on your gig laptop I would try winamp, it's free and can auto rename and tag your tracks.

After I went through the long boring task of ripping all my cd's to mp3 I just used to load the full mp3 album into winamp and use the auto tagger. It never failed me once.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

Thanks Falcon/Fester,

This might be a stupid question, but how does installing Winamp or iTunes work?

It has been a while since I ripped CD's into PCDJ, but from memory I inserted the CD, clicked Rip, and then entered the details. Is there a way to get the CD's into PCDJ first, then somehow name them afterwards?

Apologies if I have missed something, and thanks again for your help.

Cheers, Mark.

07825 641 090

Exact Audio Copy is a great for ripping CDs, tagging them and encoding all in one go... (again needs the internet to work).

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Thanks Falcon/Fester,

This might be a stupid question, but how does installing Winamp or iTunes work?

It has been a while since I ripped CD's into PCDJ, but from memory I inserted the CD, clicked Rip, and then entered the details. Is there a way to get the CD's into PCDJ first, then somehow name them afterwards?

Apologies if I have missed something, and thanks again for your help.

Cheers, Mark.

Once Itunes is installed just keep inserting your Cd's and they will be saved in an iTunes music folder, then in PCDJ just search for new music files or add new folder which would be your iTunes music folder and all your new music should be there. It really is very easy to do.

Thanks Falcom. I understand now ;o)

Just got out my trust Sony Vaio DJing laptop ready to connect to the internet to download iTunes, and discovered that there is nowhere to connect my ethernet cable (RJ45) to link it to the home hub. There are USB connectors though, so I need to find if I can connect to the home hub by USB....

Will let you know how I get on!

Cheers, Mark.

07825 641 090

No wi-fi on your Vaio then?

If not then a usb wifi dongle is probably going to be your cheapest and easiest option.

You can pick one up from maplins for around 15 quid. A quick google shows some from a fiver from online suppliers.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

Im pleased to report Im now making good progress! I called BT broadband and there was a USB cable included in the box, which luckily I hadnt chucked out ;o)

Also, spend ages on the phone getting it set up - and my DJ PC is now online! Ive installed iTunes, and am currently in the process of ripping a CD. When Ive finished, I guess I need to find out where it has saved to, and copy it to the "ripped cd's" folder for PCDJ?

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on - so far, so good!

Cheers, Mark

Right, Im a bit stuck again........

I can import a CD with iTunes, and the file goes to the iTunes folder, within "My Music".

The "ripped cd's" folder is in "my computer" under the D-drive.

Probably a stupid question, but how do I get the files from one to the other? I tried simply dragging the file from the iTunes folder to the the ripped cd's folder, but PCDJ does not recognise it. Am I doing something wrong?

As always, thanks in advance - I really appreciate your help ;o)

Cheers, Mark

Final update........ just re read Falcons post, and it seems I was doing it wrong - I need to search for the file from PCDJ rather than just moving the files. Going to bed now, but will try again tomorrow.

Cheers, Mark.

Edited by markyb

07825 641 090