Dj's United

First Gig Of The Decade

saturday was my first gig of the 10's.

18th birthday do in a village hall karaoke & disco. was a bit quiet due to the weather. found it rather funny as sat one side of the room was birthday boy with 15 of his mates and the other was mum dad nana aunty mandy etc etc. I hardly played a tune from this millenium as it was the family doing the dancing. The usual bryan adams bon jovi and cheese got the youngsters going though.

setup picture here

Have to say what a friendly bunch of people. had loads of positive feedback on the rig and music etc and recieved loads of thanks at the end.

Nice start to 2010!

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

saturday was my first gig of the 10's.

18th birthday do in a village hall karaoke & disco. was a bit quiet due to the weather. found it rather funny as sat one side of the room was birthday boy with 15 of his mates and the other was mum dad nana aunty mandy etc etc. I hardly played a tune from this millenium as it was the family doing the dancing. The usual bryan adams bon jovi and cheese got the youngsters going though.

setup picture here

Have to say what a friendly bunch of people. had loads of positive feedback on the rig and music etc and recieved loads of thanks at the end.

Nice start to 2010!

try 13 people for my first not one person danced all night either

as d-ream sang things can only get better

disco for cambridgeshire

www.delta-discos.com

Nice setup Dave, and well done on a good gig! :Thumbup: Its always hard when there are not many people.

What deck stand + cloth are you using?

standard giraffe 4" stand with overhead (actualy shortened by 6" on eiter side to fit in van complete)

the cloth is a lump of 98p/metre plain black cloth from boyes - tight git

Bit of an unusual setup due to karaoke and a small stage. the speakers were 4' forward to reduce feedback and the singers were directly in front of me.

Last hour was in mono as my amp developed a fault but nobody really noticed or cared

try 13 people for my first not one person danced all night either

as d-ream sang things can only get better

I had that last year - 2nd january and everybody was knackered - they didn't want to be there at all and just went to show face.

Put it behind you and battle on.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Last hour was in mono as my amp developed a fault but nobody really noticed or cared

I had that last year - 2nd january and everybody was knackered - they didn't want to be there at all and just went to show face.

Not someone else with an amp fault! :(

Mine lost the left channel and started farting badly... Though think its more of a dry join as the jack sockets work wheras the phono socket didn't...

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

no farting, from the amp that is, it just went off. It has been an intermittent fault for ages and went back to manufacturer for a repair under warranty last year. trouble it is that i may do 5 gigs without a problem then one night it may go off briefly.

a tap on the case has sorted it in the past and with it going off totally i got to do some quick diagnostics at the end of the night. its the input on channel a but not sure if its socket or circuitry. pushing the jack lead in half way works. the lead is mono/unbalanced but im not sure if the socket is.

nothing worse than a fault like this - if it was consistent then a repair is easy but intermittent faults are hard to find. works fine now which is typical!