Dj's United

:welcome: hi everyone i am dj-ian i run my mobile disco in crewe i am new to dj united hope you all had a good xmas and new year . i have been djing on and off since 1984 and just restarted 18 months ago i would like your help if any off you can i use original cds but finding it expensive to keep buying cd singles so would like your help on this if i download cd singles to my laptop from lets say hmv downloads would i need any type licence of e.g pro dub as i only do private functions at the moment i am buying pro disc but as you know they dont have all the charts that you need would be greatful for any help you can give cheers :thanks:

dj-ian

true sounds disco

http://www.truesoundsdisco.co.uk/

Hi Ian!

Welcome to the forum!

If you consider the CD albums as an investment, they are not that expensive.

However, I know what you mean about CD Singles, and trying to keep up to date. I have Pro Disc subscription, but there are a few other vendors (CD Pool is one).

MP3 downloads are a good way to top-up on Pro Disc/CD Pool CD's, but you'll be venturing into Pro Dub territory if you rip (format shift) your CDs to MP3 (or other format).

This could work out fairly cheap, but you'll probably need to pay the Pro Dub license against your Ripped CD tracks.

This could depend on the type of gigs you do. If you cover "all sorts" then a large music collection will be required. If its mainly kids parties, then the last few "Now" CD downloads topped up with current hits may be all that's required (and as they will be download-only) you may not require the pro dub.

Clear as mud! lol

There is a section for licensing, and its probably worth checking the past threads for information.

Cheers!

Jason

:welcome: to the forum

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Hi Ian!

Welcome to the forum!

If you consider the CD albums as an investment, they are not that expensive.

However, I know what you mean about CD Singles, and trying to keep up to date. I have Pro Disc subscription, but there are a few other vendors (CD Pool is one).

MP3 downloads are a good way to top-up on Pro Disc/CD Pool CD's, but you'll be venturing into Pro Dub territory if you rip (format shift) your CDs to MP3 (or other format).

This could work out fairly cheap, but you'll probably need to pay the Pro Dub license against your Ripped CD tracks.

This could depend on the type of gigs you do. If you cover "all sorts" then a large music collection will be required. If its mainly kids parties, then the last few "Now" CD downloads topped up with current hits may be all that's required (and as they will be download-only) you may not require the pro dub.

Clear as mud! lol

There is a section for licensing, and its probably worth checking the past threads for information.

Cheers!

Jason

cheers jason had a quick look at cd pool looks ok will look further into it as to downloads all i want to do is to download onto my laptop and use them from there will look into the licencing part on the forum as i dont want to rip them just use the stright of my laptop with vertual dj once again thanks for tour help

ian

dj-ian

true sounds disco

'ello from another one of the Dave's around 'ere :)

Welcome !

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

CHEERS GREAT HELP NOW A BIT CLEARER

Welcome !

CHEERS GREAT TO BE ON BOARD

Welcome !

CHEERS GREAT TO BE ON BOARD

Welcome !

GREAT TO BE ON BOARD LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL ASPECTS

dj-ian

true sounds disco