Dj's United

Cleaning Antari Z300 Haze/smoke Machine

Hi guys!

Ive just found my old Atari Z300 Fazer, and although it hasnt been used for a while it seems to work fine, although the output seems less than it used to. As the fluid has been stood in the take for a while, I thought it might be a good idea to clean it out, and have read the articles on here regarding cleaning smoke machines (ionised mineral water and white vinegar etc).

My question is, would this method work on my Antari Z300. Although it is described as as a haze machine, rather than a smoke machine, the manual insists that smoke fluid is used (not haze fluid), so I guess it can be cleaned in the same way - but I wanted to check on here first in case I am wrong.

All advice very much appreciated.

Cheers, Mark.

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Your 'haze' machine is most likely a slow flow fogger with a fan attached. Vinegar and water should be fine if it takes regular smoke fluid.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Your 'haze' machine is most likely a slow flow fogger with a fan attached. Vinegar and water should be fine if it takes regular smoke fluid.

Make sure you use distilled water and white vinegar... Ordinary tap water will cause it to go wrong quite quickly.

Also make sure you do it outside ... There's an article on it somewhere in the dj knowledgebase!

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

article

You're in a better position as it's at least trickling through a bit. It's when the heater gets so clogged that you can no longer get anything through it to clear it that it's a write-off.

Of course it may not be clogged, it may be the pump on its way out; though limescale is the usual culprit.

Make haste! Then report back.

Edited by superstardeejay

Make sure you use distilled water and white vinegar

I didn't think I needed to repeat what he'd already confirmed in his original post

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

I didn't think I needed to repeat what he'd already confirmed in his original post

Yeah I kinda read that after I'd posted... *sigh*...

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]