Dj's United

Hi, A friend of a friend was asking about virtual dj and asked if home edition was any good? I didnt know but when I had a look it seems ok as long as you dont use a controller to mix, Does anyone know if its stable enough to use in a mobile situation as I might be interested myself but at £32 alarm bells tend to ring

Hi, A friend of a friend was asking about virtual dj and asked if home edition was any good? I didnt know but when I had a look it seems ok as long as you dont use a controller to mix, Does anyone know if its stable enough to use in a mobile situation as I might be interested myself but at £32 alarm bells tend to ring

It looks to be a cut-down V5, so any large bugs in V5 will still exist in the home version.

I'd be worried about using a mouse for controlling the thing, it will be hard work and you will make big mistakes!

Download a trial and have a play before you commit.

If you want to use a Laptop, then get a controller of some kind. Most will come with a cut-down version of VDJ or similar software, and then the true cost will be lower.

Examples;

NuMark Total Control, comes with software, £149

Most of these controllers will have an external sound device, and have headphone socket so you can cue up tracks.

If you're looking at paying £32 for a very basic version of VDJ, you can get a nice bit of hardware AND a better version of software for only £110 extra.