Dj's United

Hello All,

My name is Richard AKA DJ Wu Subby, Started doing mobile disco's towards the end of last year with my B2B Dj Freind, we are growing pretty quickly with respect to equipment and knowledge.

We are based in portsmouth and serve the south coast, But we also do serve hertfordshire due to the fact that's my home town.

Stumbled across these forums, was part of another forum but felt that they where abit elitist.

We use vinyl, CD's and MP3's but looking at changing that later this year to just vinyl useing a program called sarato scratch, Reason being is we are both DJ's so we shall be useing this bit of kit for doing our sets and thought it would be a little added extra for doing discos/putting on a show.

I my self am currently looking into getting into VJ'ing, Looking at some MX lighting tomorrow.

But thought to say Hi and looking forward to becoming a part of this community.

Richard

Angelic Discos.

Hi Richard,

Welcome! :djuhi:

I'm also in Hertfordshire - Waltham Cross/Cheshunt, and I know there are a few others here.

Good to see people using Vinyl for control, even if not as an audio source.

There are a few VDJ's here, and if you require PLI, then you will get a lifetime discount if you sign up with DJ Associates for their competitive £10M PLI cover.

I've dipped my toes into VDJ, mainly for a halloween gig, but really need to decide what route to take if I wanted to offer this as a true service - currently, I've got other things on!

There are lots of threads about DMX lighting, and lots of useful content to read.

Cheers!

Jason

:welcome: to the forum I was From Hertfordshire once apon a time

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Hi Jason thanks for the warm welcome. :D

I'm originally from Letchworth, So we decided to cover Hertfordshire as well, Then i can crash at ma mums and see friends.lol.

Yup seen the membership gonna go for that next month, plus for £50 for a year is brilliant. I'm a student so gotta love the discount.lol.

We do use PCDJ VJ for mixing with through a Mixer but due to me and my colleague who does the discos with me are both trying to make it not big but good enough DJ'ing in our specific genres. My self hardtrance, hardstyle, Hardcore freeform, Dubstep and my friend doing hardcore. We decided to get vinyl because we just feel nicer to mix with, plus that's our medium that we are used to.

VDJ has always been my passion and that's brilliant there is alot fo info on here, i know alot about DMX, but ive still got alot to learn.lol

Sorry for rambling on i can do that some times, but thanks again for the warm welcome.

Edited by Dukesy

Thanks ray for the welcome. ^_^

Were about was you from? If you say ware i will not do the good old joke.lol

Welwyn Garden City but that was a mere 27 years ago oh sorry eons ago....I started my apprenticeship in Letchworh at Armco.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Yup seen the membership gonna go for that next month, plus for £50 for a year is brilliant. I'm a student so gotta love the discount.lol.

We do use PCDJ VJ for mixing with through a Mixer but due to me and my colleague who does the discos with me are both trying to make it not big but good enough DJ'ing in our specific genres. My self hardtrance, hardstyle, Hardcore freeform, Dubstep and my friend doing hardcore. We decided to get vinyl because we just feel nicer to mix with, plus that's our medium that we are used to.

Hi Wu Subby :)

Welcome along to the Forums, I'm sure you'll find all the help and info you'll ever require here.

These guys are pretty friendly ;) ... and they don't bite too much

Have to admit, I wish i had known about the DJA Memberships before I bought my insurance... but hey, we live and learn... I paid through the nose to go through a private company! :(

I see you are based in my home town .... great city isn't it. Hehe.

I cater for mobile events such as weddings, birthdays, pub gigs, corp functions... etc... along the south coast.

I'm not up on the harder music like hardtrance and hardstyle, as such I've had to turn down a couple of gigs recently... seems to be the style people want at the moment in pompey! :damn: :) :)

Regards

Alex

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

:welcome:

Enjoy!

Kev

Roadies Disco