Dj's United

S&h Starcloth Booth

All my equipment will be going thro a major upgrade over the next couple of months and the trickiest bit to deal with ( the sound and lighting is easy) is the DJ Booth.

I have always wanted an S&H starcloth booth but couldn't justify the cost as i just do it as a hobby. However i may be going full time soon and if I am going to take the plunge it's now or never.

Couple of questions to those of you that have them, it appears from the S&H website that their is a bar at each end where a shelf could be fitted accross so that the mixer/cd players etc can sit, is it strong enough or do you need something freestanding inside the booth to sit the kit on ?

Actually that is only one question....maths was never my strong point :D

Ahhhhh just remembered the other question. when it folds down is it all in one piece ? or do you end up with a lot of bits.

Thanks in advance

Edited by wizard

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

I use an Ultimax Wheel 'n' Winch inside my S&H booth but I am aware of one DJ who had a shelf made especially to fit his. Once it place it makes the frame more stable.

Yes. It does fold down into one piece. It's relatively heavy but fine to carry on one shoulder, so long as you don't need to take it too far (or up lots of stairs).

I use an Ultimax Wheel 'n' Winch inside my S&H booth but I am aware of one DJ who had a shelf made especially to fit his. Once it place it makes the frame more stable.

Yes. It does fold down into one piece. It's relatively heavy but fine to carry on one shoulder, so long as you don't need to take it too far (or up lots of stairs).

Top bit of kit and worth every penny, (or pound).. Not so sure I would put a shelf on mine, I don't think I'd trust it to be stable..

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

All my equipment will be going thro a major upgrade over the next couple of months and the trickiest bit to deal with ( the sound and lighting is easy) is the DJ Booth.

I have always wanted an S&H starcloth booth but couldn't justify the cost as i just do it as a hobby. However i may be going full time soon and if I am going to take the plunge it's now or never.

Couple of questions to those of you that have them, it appears from the S&H website that their is a bar at each end where a shelf could be fitted accross so that the mixer/cd players etc can sit, is it strong enough or do you need something freestanding inside the booth to sit the kit on ?

Actually that is only one question....maths was never my strong point :D

Ahhhhh just remembered the other question. when it folds down is it all in one piece ? or do you end up with a lot of bits.

Thanks in advance

I got two flat bars from Powerdrive and fitted some blockboard that was 18" wide to the two bars making a shelf. This locates onto my S&H and is held in place by 4 pins that drop through the flat bars and into the S&H frame. £20 job done and it makes the frame very stable and is a perfect working height for me. Will try and get a picture at weekend.

Keith

Thanks Keith that would be useful.

Although I have just seen the Deckstand booth Pro and it looks similar but comes with shelves..... and is cheaper ! so torn between the two.

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops