Dj's United

Decent Cd To Mp3 Ripping Software

Hasn't been mentined for a while and i couldn't fnd any recent threads but im after some better software for ripping cds to mp3. I have always used Windows Media Player, ripping at 256kbps. However its not the quality thats the issue but the tagging.

I have just tried to rip a load of cd's and only half were correctly tagged with some not showing any tags at all. some were reasonably modern and some were older but WMP still struggled.

Itunes gets it right most of the time but its a faf ripping, finding then moving to the right folder.

Any suggestions

Cheers

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

There is indeed a thread on here from before Christmas I think. You need to search for and it's about EAC (Exact Audio Copy).

IMHO it is by far the best I've seen, significantly more flexible than iTunes or WMP, also checks online for titles etc.using freedb.

It's not simple to install as you also need your LAME encoder etc.

I seem to recall it was Dukesy or a regular that posted the 'How To' you can find it by doing a word search on here.

Alternatively this might help

http://www.mobymemory.com/Content/HOWTO-Co...and-EAC-17.html

:joe:

PS: I'm not teaching anyone to suck eggs, but FYI, after using EAC, I save my new song files into a folder called Temp within the iTunes folder(X:\iTunes) along with all the other artist folders. Make sure the ID Tags are filled in before this. You can then drag/drop or Add Folder to Library. As long as the "Keep iTunes Media Folder Organised" box is checked, iTunes takes the tracks out of the Temp folder for you and re-files them in the correct place. It's even better if you have some good Smart Playlists set up and the ID tags are properly completed as the songs can also get filed in whatever Genre/Playgrou you want automatically. The Temp folder automatically disappears and you can create a new one next time you want to import ripped CD's through the back door.

Edited by Teez

Thanks Teez

I manually move my ripped tracks about, ripping them to a NEW ADD folder by album or artist, backing up to another hdd then moving to my folder system which mirrors my cd crates.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

EAC everytime. Used to use Audiograbber many years ago, then when I was looking for something new I got recommended EAC, and it just did everything I wanted, and did it properly. The thing that makes it a winner for me is the AcurrateRip side of things, that you know your drive is extracting properly, and if there are any issues you can see easily straight after the rip..

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]