Dj's United

Random Question Regarding Pa...

hi guys

so i got my peavey pro 15s hooked up to my new amp which is a kam kxr1000 the speakers are 4 ohm cabinets and they are getting 500w each

the speakers are 300w rms 600w program and 1200w peak each

i was told 500w per channel is fine for those speakers but i was wondering where do i set the attenuation controls on the amp because i know i have headroom.

im happy with my pa setup though i did a gig recently in a medium sized hall for about 100 kids it was a school disco and the system did well had plenty of headroom.

ill shut up now

my question was where should i set the attenuators/volume controls on the amp to??

cheers :D

hi guys

so i got my peavey pro 15s hooked up to my new amp which is a kam kxr1000 the speakers are 4 ohm cabinets and they are getting 500w each

the speakers are 300w rms 600w program and 1200w peak each

i was told 500w per channel is fine for those speakers but i was wondering where do i set the attenuation controls on the amp because i know i have headroom.

im happy with my pa setup though i did a gig recently in a medium sized hall for about 100 kids it was a school disco and the system did well had plenty of headroom.

ill shut up now

my question was where should i set the attenuators/volume controls on the amp to??

cheers :D

I would say turn your amp up full and control the volume with your mixer. Your amp should have a

warning light if you put it into limit by turning your mixer up too much.

I agree, turn the amp up and use your mixer levels CAREFULLY. Granted you are not ott on power and the amp wont be 100% efficient but you could still cause damage by accidentally knocking the master fader.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk