Dj's United

How do you guys ensure that your audio levels are similar on mp3 tracks.

I always make sure that the bit rate is at least over 192kbs but have noticed that more often than not from album to album there is a big diffrence. I have analyzed some tracks with software that corrects the levels but in my opinion it deteriorates the quality.

I know cd's vary too but not as bad as some mp3 tracks.

Dose anyone else have this problem. Its annoying when the next track plays too loud or quite?

Good music is in the ear of the beholder or so im told

Usually let the software set the gain level on load. Works quite well!

Have also used mp3gain too - although never sure if I want another bit of software fiddlin' with my mp3s! :)

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I have virtual dj set to auto + remember for the gain but even that doesnt get it right some days.

My mixer has the benefit of pre fader monitoring with a set of led's for the input level. I cue every track and check the level using the said led's before i play it.

as i sometimes play off the laptop and cd's this is very useful as the volume diference between the 2 can be a problem especially with old cd's.

What mixer do you have?

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I use MP3 Gain

1. Its free

2. anything it does is reversible

3. its one less thing for playing software to do so less work for processor and memory etc.

4. many tracks i have downloaded from orange music store or from 7 digital are clipping and too loud from the start.

5 most karaoke tracks from zoom are clipping too

6 Its quick and easy if you keep on top of your collection.

7. it works on the human ears response to music levels not just a numerical value.

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

I have virtual dj set to auto + remember for the gain but even that doesnt get it right some days.

My mixer has the benefit of pre fader monitoring with a set of led's for the input level. I cue every track and check the level using the said led's before i play it.

as i sometimes play off the laptop and cd's this is very useful as the volume diference between the 2 can be a problem especially with old cd's.

What mixer do you have?

Yes the PFL + cue led vu meter is very handy here as well as headphones when switching between the two sources :)

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

What mixer do you have?

Im running an old but serviceable Gemini PS700i.

I Downloaded mp3 gain looks good will try it on my most recent playlist that had a few level problems and see how it goes. Only trouble its going to take awhile checking 10,000 + tracks :damn: looks like the laptops doing an overnighter :bloodyhell:

Good music is in the ear of the beholder or so im told