Dj's United

Thaey are in welwyn garden city, which is where I live, but I have never heard of them.

will have a look at their website which may give some clues

I have just had a look and they ar eonly about a mile from me....which is useful as they stock Electrvoice speakers and I will be in the market for a pair in a few weeks time. However they are not very competetive on the price I can get them £100 cheaper elsewhere so I see a bit of haggling coming on.

They dont have a huge range of disco kit but looks interesting. I will pay them a visit tomorrow and let you know.

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Unfortunately they were closed when I got there ....bvut they have been around since 2002 apparently so should be ok.

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Unfortunately they were closed when I got there ....bvut they have been around since 2002 apparently so should be ok.

Ok, they seemed very keen to do some good deals.

• 1 month later...

I know I am a bit late on this post but just to update. I went round and visited the guy ( sems like a one man band) and if you chat nicely to him he will price beat practically anything ...not by much but I have just purchased some EV ZX4 speakers at an amazing price. Got chatting on the subject of Pioneer kit...which he doesnt stock but he wiped the floor with other retailer prices with next day delivery.

it's nice being able to get the stuff locally ( to me) so looks like I will be putting some business his way.

Just need to find a place to hide the EV subs from the wife before I order those as well ..... I have to climb into the spare bedroom already :wacko:

I know I am a bit late on this post but just to update. I went round and visited the guy ( sems like a one man band) and if you chat nicely to him he will price beat practically anything ...not by much but I have just purchased some EV ZX4 speakers at an amazing price. Got chatting on the subject of Pioneer kit...which he doesnt stock but he wiped the floor with other retailer prices with next day delivery.

it's nice being able to get the stuff locally ( to me) so looks like I will be putting some business his way.

Just need to find a place to hide the EV subs from the wife before I order those as well ..... I have to climb into the spare bedroom already :wacko:

Nice to know of a local supplier. I work in Esltree daytimes, so he's not too far away.

If I need anything urgently (ie, Pickup after work), then I have limited choices.

Re: Hiding Subs... Get 2 large tablecloths, and a bunch of flowers :-)

I was looking at the ZX4's in the past and may go for them when upgrading my gear again, what subs are you mathching them with and what amp/crossover will you use? Sounds like a pretty expensive rig

www.tipperarypartydj.com

The Subs be will the Electrovoice TX1181 http://mercury-av.com/sales/electrovoice-t...fer-3287-0.html not sure about crossover yet havent got that far.

And yes it is getting very expensive. I have just installed the CDJ2000's and a DJM 700 mixer in my spare bedroom and having a play before they are used in anger at a gig....ooooh they are nice

http://www.sonicdisco.co.uk/images/CDJ2000.JPG

Edited by wizard