Dj's United

Amp Advice Please

well guys, i thankyou all for your comments, i didnt expect a heated debate at my expense, but i have read everyone.lol

i sort of get the jist of it all.

think ill stick to the peavey amp and suck up to the lumping it in and out of venues.lol

i did get the other amp off my mate, its a stage line 600 watt one, and i got it for £40 so ill have it as a back up , (you never know)

i read on another thread that it is possible to run the tops off one amp and bins off another, is this right?

if so how to i link the sound out of them both together? sorry but i aint into the testicle (sorry technical) side of DJing,

i can set up, plug in, tweek a few knobs and play tunes, lol

again thanks for your input.

As you may know search engines (particularly Google) rank sites higher if they have other sites linking to them.

i read on another thread that it is possible to run the tops off one amp and bins off another, is this right?

Yes.

how to i link the sound out of them both together?

You dont. You connect the output of the mixer into both amplifier inputs, either with a splitter lead or, conveniently, using the 'link out' sockets of one of the amps if they are so provided.

Then the bass speakers connect to the output of one amp, the top speakers connect to the output of the other. So you have one 'bass' amp and one 'top' amp.

If you want to get a little more sophisticated, you can use an electronic crossover which splits your mixer output frequencies into low and high which then go to the respective amp inputs. This creates a more efficient, adjustable sound system though it isnt strictly necessary at the most basic level.

Depending upon your budget, consider looking at the QSC GX range of amplifiers.

Fantastic value for money, and fairly lightweight.

I know this post isn't asking for recommendations, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

I have the RMX2450. 500WRMS a side and 750WRMS @ 4 Ohm. Use it to power Mackie S215s / S218s. Extremely happy with it.

Would definitely recommend QSC.

cheers guys, you all have been a great help,

DJH

As you may know search engines (particularly Google) rank sites higher if they have other sites linking to them.