Dj's United

Weekend 12th - 14th March

Working!

I have a wedding;

http://www.rivervale-barn-weddings.co.uk

A bit out of my way, but colleage of Carmen who booked my for their company summer Fayre last year (and previous year).

Main requirement was for lighting (uplighting, band lighting and dance-floor lighting), with their original aim to use an iPOD for music inbetween.

I persuaded them the value of me DJign (announcements, more responsive to requests etc), and as we're there anyway, there was not too much price difference.

The Band are using my PA for Vocals+Keyboards, and TBH are becoming a pain in the backside. Email last night @11pm "We don't have PLI or PAT - can we use yours?".

A discussion revealed they don't really want to fork out for it- and also they may bring a 2nd keyboard... (I've made great pains to ensure I can accommodate their keyboard midi expander+vocal mixer, they don't have the cables to reach my mixer, and adding a 2nd keyboard will complicate things for me).

They may not get PAT, and I was getting signs they may try to wing it. The venue sounds like they will check - I made contact recently and PAT+PLI was brought up by venue management.

I've got £10M PLI with DJ@, and emailed them my details and pointed them at my online validator. I've take a copy of the certificate on the day anyway.

If the band leader was not the brother of the groom, I would be been more blunt! However, I'm not going to get too involved - I called the guy, provided details of where to get PLI, and I can't really help.

So... instead of DJing for 2 x 1hr sets, I could be running the complete night. This IS covered in my T&C, and my overtime rate will apply..

I hope they do get their PLI+PAT completed.

First Dance: Love Cats - The Cure

2nd Dance: Here comes your man - The Pixies

Rest of music is all good party stuff, 60s onwards.

Pics to follow....

Over to you!

tonight i have a karaoke night , Friday a karaoke night and Saturday you guessed it a karaoke night , got another booking from my website for a Saturday later in march , seems to be working really well a 70th Birthday ,part recommendation part accessing me via the site.

so all good at the moment long may it last!

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Doing a 50th on friday night, there is also a band playing and ive been told they have their own gear etc but considering its the birthdayees son im taking a few extras just in case. The daughter works at a local pub (she feeds and waters me) who have given me quite a bit of work over the last few months so will go that extra mile to make sure everything goes ok.

stray cat strut was played twice last week after being requested by a bride - how funny!

starting to get a bit quieter now so the extension may get some windows and plasterboard and flooring and electrics and.... and....and...oh dear!

Andy - get that web site up and running - Quick!!!!!

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Sounds like a good do Jason!

LOL

For me both gigs in my home city.

First is a birthday party I picked up through Facebook, someone I went to school with. I was surprised, most of them wont pay but since I was already booked in the evening I said £95 for the two hours they took it.

Its a good community centre, good sized room for a 6 year old (unlike last week's).

And the day gets better

I have a 50th on the evening which should be good night to. Was provided with a request list, which is fantastic list and very workable. Typical party music.

Last gig though my Gemini speakers died... so having to hire a sound system for the evening. I have a smaller system for kids parties however at 300w it will not be powerful enough for my 50th :(

Bah humbug.

Gonna cost me 30quid from an agent I sometimes work for.

If anyone around Sunderland can hire me anything slightly cheaper let me know!

Gary

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

I have a wedding in Ware today ( Friday ) just loaded the van.

doing the ceremony music in one room, then background music in the main hall for the meal and the disco in the evening. It's going to be a long day., But looking forward to it.

also this will be my last part time gig as from now on I will be doing it full time :fear:

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

doing the ceremony music in one room, then background music in the main hall for the meal and the disco in the evening. It's going to be a long day., But looking forward to it.

also this will be my last part time gig as from now on I will be doing it full time :fear:

Nice one and I do genuinely and sincerely wish you a successful future :Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup:

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Yeah good luck, although I'm really full time mobile DJ as I only work part time in my job (16 hours a week)

Gary

GDK Entertainments

M 0783 529 5169

Three birthdays this weekend... all in our house, so spending time with family...

My youngest son is 3 today, I'm also 35 today, and tomorrow my eldest son is 11.

Will be playing with my new dell mini 10v netbook, to see if I can hackintosh it, and see how good it is running DMX software.. (Intel Atom N270), and backup DJ software. (Worse case I can try and use winamp or something instead).

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Request list for 50th Birthday, tomorrow night

COUNTRYMEN THE SHIRT MY MOTHER MADE FOR ME.MP3

DIXIE CHICKS - TONIGHT THE HEARTACHE'S ON ME (ALBUM VERSION).MP3

JIMMY SOUL - IF YOU WANNA BE HAPPY.MP3

STUDIO ALLSTARS TEQUILA MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF - (TRIBUTE TO JOE NICHOLS).MP3

THE DRIFTERS - YOU'RE MORE THAN A NUMBER IN MY LITTLE RED BOOK.MP3

DURAN DURAN - HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF.MP3

JOURNEY - DON'T STOP BELIEVING.MP3

GUNS 'N' ROSES - SWEET CHILD O' MINE.MP3

BON JOVI - LIVIN' ON A PRAYER.MP3

ZAC BROWN BAND - TOES.MP3

BEATLES, THE - TWIST & SHOUT.MP3

STATUS QUO - ROCKIN' ALL OVER THE WORLD.MP3

05 BOYZONE - LOVE YOU ANYWAY (NEW).MP3

CHRISTINA AGURILLERA - CANDY MAN.MP3

PIXIE LOTT - CRY ME OUT.MP3

FIGHT FOR THIS LOVE - CHERYL COLE.MP3

BLACK EYED PEAS - I GOTTA FEELING (RADIO).MP3

MAVERICKS-DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY.MP3

KENNY & DOLLY - ISLANDS IN THE STREAM.MP3

RINGO STARR - YOU'RE SIXTEEN.MP3

MODERN ROMANCE - BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES.MP3

RICK ASTLEY - NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP.MP3

BAY CITY ROLLERS - SHANG-A-LANG.MP3

KELLY MARIE - FEELS LIKE I'M IN LOVE.MP3

HEATWAVE - BOOGIE NIGHTS.MP3

TONY BURROWS - BEACH BABY.MP3

SONIA - YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME LOVING YOU.MP3

DAWN - KNOCK THREE TIMES.MP3

O.M.D. - SAILING ON THE SEVEN SEAS.MP3

FREDDIE & THE DREAMERS - YOU WERE MADE FOR ME.MP3

FOUNDATIONS - BABY NOW THAT I'VE FOUND YOU.MP3

REAL THING - YOU TO ME ARE EVERYTHING.MP3

I'M INTO SOMETHING GOOD - HERMANS HERMITS.MP3

EDISON LIGHTHOUSE - LOVE GROWS.MP3

GERRY & THE PACEMAKERS - HOW DO YOU DO IT.MP3

DIRTY DANCING MEGAMIX

Should be a great night

Edited by Gary (GDK)

GDK Entertainments

M 0783 529 5169

Good luck wizard!

My youngest son is 3 today, I'm also 35 today, and tomorrow my eldest son is 11.

David

Happy Birthday Matey!!!

Friday gig report

What an easy night, just played some backgroung music until about 9pm then the band did an hour, then buffet and cake then a few tunes then the band then a few tunes to finish up.

Band were lacking lights and a decent PA so i sorted that for them.

What a band though, if you love classic blues rock like me than you would of loved them. Tunes from the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Free, Rolling Stones etc. They were aged about 30 and looking at them you would never of guessed they were into that genre.

Easy night for me and with the added bonus of a great band - had a brief "sell the disco gear and buy a Vintage Les Paul and a Mesa Boogie" moment.

Edited by MintyDave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Fanhams Hall by any chance.....

40th for me Saturday small function 40 guests music after meal in a St Albans Restaurant.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Mind went well in the end. The band were put together for the wedding, so I can now understand why they were a little disorganised.

The venue is very nice. The event manager had reserved a parking space directly outside the area for us.

There was a sound level monitor, but from co-incidence, we plugged our gear into the non-switched sockets that would not trip.

This meant lighting, Playback and 1 Speaker were ok. The other speaker was close to the band, and so DID cut out when they went a bit too loud.

We provided uplighting, my 1st "proper" outing of the gear, and also ran the bands vocals+keyboard through my mixer (from their local mixer).

B&G are both good dancers, and did a funny dance to "Love Cats", and the Groom played 2 tracks with the band.

Lots of respect from the band, and I did my best to big them before and after each set.

The venue supplied food and drink for us and were helpful.

Pics;

Good comments from the B&G and some other guests over the uplighting.

Set-up took 2hrs, but did involve a bit of chat with the band.

Got home and unpacked by 3am (but had en-route McDonalds stopover at St Albans :ab )

A long day for us!

Same here. I had a cold meat salad followed by fruit salad :D

The venue did their own catering. Dread to think what it all cost, wasn't your average cocktail sausage and crisps affair.

Fanhams Hall by any chance.....

Yes it was fanhams hall. Nice venue....easy access. The only other one I frequently do in ware is the priory

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Mind went well in the end. The band were put together for the wedding, so I can now understand why they were a little disorganised.

The venue is very nice. The event manager had reserved a parking space directly outside the area for us.

There was a sound level monitor, but from co-incidence, we plugged our gear into the non-switched sockets that would not trip.

This meant lighting, Playback and 1 Speaker were ok. The other speaker was close to the band, and so DID cut out when they went a bit too loud.

We provided uplighting, my 1st "proper" outing of the gear, and also ran the bands vocals+keyboard through my mixer (from their local mixer).

B&G are both good dancers, and did a funny dance to "Love Cats", and the Groom played 2 tracks with the band.

Lots of respect from the band, and I did my best to big them before and after each set.

Pics;

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs427.ash1/23644_367184525924_158665495924_4194292_6033592_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs427.ash1/23644_367184540924_158665495924_4194293_3022925_n.jpg

Good comments from the B&G and some other guests over the uplighting.

Set-up took 2hrs, but did involve a bit of chat with the band.

Got home and unpacked by 3am (but had en-route McDonalds stopover at St Albans :ab )

A long day for us!

very nice Jason

Are they the par 46 led's on the floor, did you dmx them etc - do tell.

I made the mistake of dmx'ing all 4 of my par cans together to light up a band on friday and it was too much of one colour at a time. I should of set 2 on a static colour and run 2 off the elation controller or have a proper dmx controller.

http://i44.tinypic.com/24xl0ed.jpg

i drove straight past 2 mc d's on friday night - the van did try to pull in but i fought it all the way.

Edited by MintyDave

very nice Jason

Are they the par 46 led's on the floor, did you dmx them etc - do tell.

I made the mistake of dmx'ing all 4 of my par cans together to light up a band on friday and it was too much of one colour at a time. I should of set 2 on a static colour and run 2 off the elation controller or have a proper dmx controller.

i drove straight past 2 mc d's on friday night - the van did try to pull in but i fought it all the way.

Cheers Dave,

I used 8 x Par38 and 2 x Par64 (in the corners)

I was planning on dmx, but could tell that I would be out of time. The setup was a run of 4 along each side. The remaining par38's lit the beams behind me and the band.

I was a bit worried about the Par38's being up to the job, but they did a good job IMO.

Colourwise, I simply set alternate to blue and purple. If I were dmxing, I'd probably use White for the 1st dance, then use colour to indicate band and DJ - this would have been alternate colours. Blues/Red/Whites looks good - not keen on green!

I'm a bit miffed we couldn't tidy the main lighting cables up better, and it would have looked much neater if I had brought the subs... they would have been mainly wasted due to the sound monitor.

Jas

Yes it was fanhams hall. Nice venue....easy access. The only other one I frequently do in ware is the priory

One of my regular venues Great Hall or Pavilion. My preference is the Great Hall the Pavilion I find is harder because of the distance between the bar and the room.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Yes it was fanhams hall. Nice venue....easy access.

Was that through the door at the far end of the building, near the steps?

The only other one I frequently do in ware is the priory

Not so easy to park at the access point!

It was in the great hall. I have been their quite a few times as well, always in the great hall for some reason. I believe it was the pavillion where they had the ceremony, then I took that small setup up the stairs to the gallery for the background music and had a nap for a couple of hours whilst they had the wedding breakfast....background music courtesy of a laptop :D

I quite like Ware priory as long as it is in the conservatory ( only about 10 feet from entrance to setup area. The other two rooms a a bit of a pain. Although I have had a lot worse.

It was in the great hall.

In the bit where the fireplace is?

I quite like Ware priory as long as it is in the conservatory ( only about 10 feet from entrance to setup area).

When I was there I couldn't park my van adjacent to the entrance because of cars needing to get past.

Yes the great hall is the one with the rather large fireplace...I sometimes setup in there however this time I was in the large alcove at the far end. Easier for the projection screen ( so that everyone could see it.)

I normally unload then move the van at ware priory ....normally park it just down the lane next to the river, then easy just to drive up at end of night.