Dj's United

Morning all

im wondering if anybody can confirm what peopel type into the various search engines when they are looking for a disco. do they go for mobile disco + town name or by county etc

as i live in north yorkshire, englands biggest county, its a long way from side to side and top to bottom and our relatively small market towns are spread out.

reason im asking is that i live in richmond but want to target several other local towns and need some info on search terms

i have a simple parked page at the moment while the new site is being built and the content and a few bits in the script has me ranking top of google as of last night for my town using the term "mobile disco richmond north yorkshire"

would appreciate any assistance

cheers

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Item term - e.g. mobile disco, wedding disco, mobile DJ, party Dj, DJ prices etc.

plus area - e.g wedding DJ York, wedding DJ Yorkshire.

If you have a good stats programme it will tell you what search terms people used to find you.

I'd suggest a page of content for each area/town you wish to cover.

List venues, suburbs etc, make page title specific to the content on the page.

Perhaps list local hotels (for accommodation), ie add interesting content.

This will be better than a single page trying to cover all areas.

If you register with Google Adwords, there is a page on there where you can search the value of various key words and sort by popularity/cost. If Google say it's popular or unpopular I can't argue with that. There is also a type of thesaurus on there that will help you consider alternative words. It won't cost you anything to find this information out.

It was interesting to see on there that some misspelt words are searched for more frequently than many properly spelt words. I guess I'm saying that key word priorities may vary depending on which search engine/mechanism you believe your audience may use to find you.

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/musicals/sc_9854.gif

thanks for that. i see that page dedicated to, for instance, York may be a good idea and list various venues etc with the obvious menu available that would lead to my entire site

My control panel has a stats section where i can find all sorts of statistical info but as traffic is non existant due to it only being there for 48 hours i may follw up on Teez's idea

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk