Dj's United

Gig Report - Lots Of 6 Year Olds!

Well I must confess to my first ever junior disco.... and it was fun.

Not sure if the DJ is supposed to fall on the floor during musical bumps or stand still in a pose during musical statues but I did and had just as much fun as the tiddlers.

I was amazed at how different their tastes are even to when my kids were six which is only 7-12 years ago.

A big bias towards movie soundtracks and loads of them knew all the words. So that's what they do rather than play outside in the fresh air!!

Popular dances were

Bop to the Top - HSM

Hoedown Throwdown - Miley Cyrus - They all knew the dance

Pink, Cheryl Cole, Katy Perry, Rihanna, JLS and Lady Gaga were all hits too.

Sorry load of parents though, just sat there like lemons (with the exception of the hostess), maybe being cynical but another sign of the 'leave it to the telly and the PS3 to entertain my kids' mentality??

Am I alone in my observations?

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/musicals/sc_9953.gif

Fantastic age to work with.

ANd the smiley at the end of post has made my day!

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

Saturday I did a 25/50th double birthday.

It 'slipped' my mind that the family would bring their children and there were lots!!

It was just as well because the adults didnt seem bothered so I thought I had better entertain the kids.You know how it is-'can you play Tiger Feet because my little girl has been practicing all week to do the dance'.So you put it on and the little one decides she is too shy and just stands in the middle of the floor while everyone watches mum trying desperately to get her to move her feet!Oh hell.Why can't I be a radio DJ or work for Hospital Radio?

And that, as they say 'was it' despite playing nearly every request that was requested the birthday girls didn't venture on the floor all night.Nor did anyone else for that matter.

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

I'm with you on this one Teez..

I know the parents are the Customer and all that and we are being paid to entertain.. however my Disco's make such a difference when the parents at least smile and maybe have a little dance with their kids/s, rather than sit there for 2 hours and play on their mobile phones.

oohh

Couldn't agree more, with what's been said about parents sitting on the side! There are those who just won't get up (nor care), and there are those that do join in... Sometimes its just best to get rid of as many parents as possible, or just send them to the pub downstairs / accross the road (or home! and pick em up at the end).

Have been to a few parties/gatherings where I've had to sit down, but there's just no room to dance, let alone swing a cat.... I hate those kinda places. I like a bit of space :)

Pubs (in the main are) arent the best places for kids parties... unless its in their function room which has a bit of space in it for them to run around... I'll stop ranting now :p

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]