Dj's United

Hi Does anyone do any work through Event Uk as they have just taken over the Payment system for Barracuda and Smith & Jones Pubs Clubs along with the rest of the chain' I always said that i would never work for the agents again after 1 went Bankrupt on me years ago' Saying that u can't tar all with the same brush'

If u have Good News about them Please post here or if it's a negative Please send me a P.M

:thanks: Jay

Hi Does anyone do any work through Event Uk as they have just taken over the Payment system for Barracuda and Smith & Jones Pubs Clubs along with the rest of the chain' I always said that i would never work for the agents again after 1 went Bankrupt on me years ago' Saying that u can't tar all with the same brush'

If u have Good News about them Please post here or if it's a negative Please send me a P.M

:thanks: Jay

I first became of aware of Event UK a few years ago when a bar chain that was paying me cash in hand, moved to using Event UK to handle payments. The head office of the bar pays Event UK who then pay you.

The downside was, Event Uk took a % commission, however the bar upped what they were paying so that I ended up with the same money.

They are always punctual with payment, I have invoiced them regularly for several years and its BACS payment within 2 weeks.

They also have a lot of cover work and email out a regular gig list. The payments are sometimes poor (I have seen mobile disco gigs for £90 advertised) but some are also good (£120+), and its nice to have the availability of extra work on nights you are free. I'd say around 80% of gigs that come through on the email are bar gigs with kit installed. In fact I'm doing one for them this very weekend.

They are always contactable on the phone and are always very helpful.

So I would not worry, they are regularly picking up large bar and club chains to supply DJs to and I can't see them going bankrupt!

:thanks: Jon That's what i was hoping to hear the manager has now given me a pay increase to make my money the same as what it was and he has also informed me that they do the payroll for Yates's as well so i now know this is a well established company' Iv'e also landed another regular night as-well as 1 of the Dj's has last night handed the notice in --- So so far so good' Same as u say theyr'e not huge money earners But they are stable and keep the food coming in if times get hard' The nights i have now are Fri & Sunday regular so it still leaves good old Saturday to make Bonus Money.

Cheers Matey Jay

Anyone got contact details for Event UK, wouldnt mind givin them a call to find out if I can get registered with them.

Cheers,

Wayne

Email Pete on info@eventuk.co.uk

He will send you an application form which you will fill in, questions about what kind of DJ you are.

You will get a profile on their website (free) and be sent out the almost daily email with available gigs that need covering, from Brighton to the Scottish Highlands - they cover everywhere :)

You may need some references which us understandable, they need to make sure their DJs are up to the job.

Don't expect instant miracles, they are very busy but once you fill in the application form you should be on their list.

Best of luck.

Edited by JonWhittaker