Dj's United

Outdoor Pa Systems - Advice Pls

Ok I have been asked to have a look into what possibilities there are for a battery powered PA system that can be used for commentries during Civil War reenactments. I thought I would pop on here and pick the members brains as outdoor PA systems are not something I have a lot of experience with.

The Charity have a budget of up to £300 which needs to include speakers/horns, amp and a wireless mic or headset mic. So I know it's going to be pretty budget equipment we are looking at.

Obviously my main concern is the volume of the riffles and cannons and the commentator not being heard over this. Although I have seen the Horn style PA systems used an many load motoring sports with success but have no idea what the specs of those systems were.

The system would need to be capable of addressing up to 200 people outdoors and would need to be relatively easy to setup and pack down as reenactments are usually over a weekend.

Any advice re reccomended equipment, power output and best way to set up would be much appreciated.

Janey.X

Why don't we start making hellium filled bubble wrap?<P> It would help keep postage costs down.

Probably a silly question if you're in the middle of a field but does it specifically have to be battery powered?

Just thinking if maybe you were near enough some power to run some long extensions?

edit: this seems to fit the bill. You get a mains/battery amp, 2 horns and a wireless mic/receiver just inside your budget.

I've got no experience with outdoor PA myself but I imagine that's going to be pretty much your limit running on batteries.

Edited by fester

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk