Dj's United

Member Website Review

I like it as a general mobile disco site. It is clear and to the point.

Your banner gives the impression you use vinyl turntables and has a clubby feel to it..is that what you want to convey? If you do more weddings than any other type of function then this may not be the right look

The navigation buttons HOME FAQ GALLERY CONTACT are hard to read because of the colour of the writing

The FAQ is well written and straight to the point

The gallery is obviously a work in progress

The contact page looks great

but what the heck do i know ? i am a complete amateur on this is only my personal opinion for what its worth ..but i would say its looking very smart , clean and informative much better than my first attempts.

I dont know how you would do it but i would say it needs a bit more of your personality in it a bit more about why you are different from the other professional mobile discos it looks very good and informative but not too individual in my humble opinion .. but great work and i think it will get good customer feedback once good picture are in your gallery.

well done and please don't be offended by my uninformed ramblings

Rob

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

I like the overall package effect it gives.

I agree that the red menu bar and the red text clash

Personally I think it needs some colour. It doesn't jump out and say party and fun.

Please use a spellchecker. Google have one that checks the spelling on the screen.

For example there is no 'e' in 'suit' (controlled lighting to suite the occasion)

Let us know when the photos are in

I think you should put the phone number and email address in the contact section as well, despite it being permanently in the header as it's not that obvious.

It's a personal thing but I don't like using the FAQ section to do my main marketing.

All constructive and subjective feedback, good luck and hope it gets you lots of leads.

:joe:

I agree with the top menu. It didn't look too bad last night on my Laptop, but here in the office - its too hard to read. It need to be higher contrast.

Your web guy should be able to leave the text white and use a "css sliding window" effect on the background for the mouse over - this may work better than changing the text colour.

Get a nice piccy of yourself on the front page (in wedding attire) -it doesn't need to be at a gig...

Tux/Suit, looking smart.

I would personally have pages for the main types of parties you cover. Trying to cover Weddings, Birthdays, Corporate etc as bullet points on the homepage doesn't give enough information.

Creating page for each type of party (ie a wedding page) will really allow you to sell how you work and what you can offer. This will be tailored to your wedding service.

Do the same for the others -keep the content correct (ie, don't just copy & paste). If you offer children's parties, then have that on a separate page.

A good place to link to these other pages will be under the "What we do" heading.

Try to add at least one image per page.

On a technical level, I like the site - is a nice CSS based layout, and fast to load due to this.

I note the page title, description and keywords do not change from page to page.

For instance, your gallery pages has;

Mobile DJ Hire Wombourne - Celebration Sounds

as the page title. If you describe (as a title) what is on the page, it could be "Mobile DJ Gallery of parties in Womburne" (possibly add one or two surrounding towns).

The description should also reflect what is on the page as this will be presented to the searcher when they see you listing on google etc.

The keywords should also follow the same idea - treat each page separately.

I hope this helps,

Jas!

Very nice page Mark. it looks sophisticated and is easy to read. Like everybody has said just needs a few tweaks with some pics.

i'd make an enquiry if i was a visitor

good luck

dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Agree with comments. smile icon

I'd make the navigation buttons a colour which was slightly more appealing / stand out.

Hi guys,

Many thanks for all the feedback - much appreciated! I have asked the guy who designed the site to make a few changes, such as colour of navigation buttons, size of phone number, correcting spelling mistake and adding contact number to contact page. Hopefully these changes will be quite straightforward.

Jas, regarding your suggestion of changing page title and key words for each page, that is a good idea particularly if it will help with seach results. I will have a think about what to use. Good idea with the pic too, ideally I would like a pic of me with the gear set up, with the uplights etc to ensure the pic has plenty of colour. Next gigs are May, so hopefully the pics will be added then.

Also, good idea with a separate page for each type of fuction. As Im restarting after a break, I think I will get a few of each party under my belt to start with, then put together some extra pages using picturs and testimonials from satusfied customers.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and if there is anything else please let me know!

Best regards,

Mark

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Just to let you know most of the excellent suggestionsI received have now been implimented:

Colour of navigation buttons changed.

Size of phone number changed.

Corrected spelling mistake.

Added contact number to contact page.

Regarding page titles, and key words, apparently this can be done as part of an optional SEO package, which will cost an additional £35. Sounds quite good value to me, so I might go for this when I have some spare cash. However, Im pleased to say I am now appearing on Google when you search for Wombourne Mobile Disco etc.

Hoping to add the pictures next month, and this should add a little more colour to the home page and gallery.

Thanks again,

Mark

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Hi Mark,

I don't think the navigation colour is still visible enough.

If you consider, Red Background with dark grey text - there just isn't enough contrast.

White text works well, so ideally the link text should be white (easily visible) with the background changing on mouse hover.

This is very easy, and can be done with either 2 images, 1 single image, or even a background colour change.

Its useful to consider the DDA, as we are all businesses and therefore need to ensure we do not discriminate against those with visual impairments (or other disabilities) ;

http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-friendly...uirements.shtml

Something to consider!

I'd advise you find out what you get for the £35 SEO fee - its not much money, but then its not a large site and if you provide the wording these changes would be 10-20mins to effect.

I doubt a sitemap is required, but some st

The code is still very neat, and also correctly structured - so <h1>,<h2><h3> tags used correctly- its a pity the minor SEO work wasn't part of the original work.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Edited by vokf