Dj's United

Heya guys,

As a sideline venture, I'm thinking of doing quiz nights.... for weekday evenings that are usually extremely quiet! LOL

At the moment, I do ONE quiz night on a sunday night at the local pub which I've worked in for the last 8 years (I've been bar staff, Assistant Manager, Entertainment Manager and now I'm the DJ and website manager LOL LOL)

As it's my local, I have a VERY VERY friendly releationship with them.... and I only charge them £30 for a sunday night quiz. I do this deal due to the great connection I have to the pub... and I use all the wireless mics already fitted into the pub.

My question is.... if I was to expand the quiz to another night or two midweek in other pubs, how much is the going rate for a quiz night?

Or even better... if you do a quiz night, how much do you charge? And do you take your own PA systems?

Edited by AlexEntertainment

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

Hi Alex,

I have been running a quiz night for just over 2 years at i was doing 2 a week till Decemeber but now only do the 1 on a Wednesday night i also only charge £30 and its a very friendly atmosphere we could do with a few more teams hopefully with it getting warmer that will happen

I have my own PA there which i keep there only some old peavey 150w speakers and a peavey mixer ideally suits the pub i also play music through out the night before the quiz starts during break and at the end.

I find it a good addition to the Disco and also have had a few bookings from people at the quiz

John

John Horton

Email: dj@discorevolution.co.uk

Tel: 07850971035

Anything thats gets you out there networking with venues and potenitial clients is good PR. ok you may only get £30 to £40 per night but its not hard work apart from obtaining the quizzes and its better than sitting at home watching tv wondering when the next booking will come in

You could do a very good music round. I remember years ago the old tape player which no one could hear with the clunking between tracks and if it was a high tech quiz, a mic held against the speaker into a guitar amp.

like Jonno says a bit of bg music and you have a night out. personally i would look for a cheesy glittery jacket and red dickie bow tie (after seeing your mullet and tshirt on that 80's night i guess you are up for it) for effect if you feel the atmosphere would be right.

What about gameshow nights for something different too, or throw in a game of bingo for a laugh, only 20p per card, subject to gaming laws etc. I have bingo on my laptop which cost next to nothing and you can download celebrity voiceovers for the calling.

Get a load of pens form somewhere like onlypens.co.uk with your web address on as pens will disappear but carry your advert all over. I bought 1000 last year for our music festival where we did a picture quiz sheet. we offered a £50 prize and not only made a tidy profit but the pens were all over town for ages.

just thinking outloud.

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Google quiz night and you should get more info.

A London agency has been recruiting nationally recently via Star Now Casting for quizmasters to go sell into pubs. All the gear is provided by the agency and they collect the money etc etc.

I'm saying this because their rates and formulae are published and will be a useful indicator.

:joe:

My old man is on the commitee of the local pub in Burscough and they wanted more people in mid weeks and so asked me to do a quiz night. First one was yesterday went very well a load of people in, nice friendly atmosphere and I charged £40 and I just brought a Active PA speaker and plugged the mic and an mp3 player in for background music. But its only an hour or an hour and a halfs work and they are good fun, I will continue to do it.

Stephen Owens Entertainments

Office: 01704 897078

Mobile: 0782 8270 854

Web: www.stephen-owens.co.uk

Email: Monkey-business-disco@hotmail.co.uk

I do one quiz in a New Forest pub and get £85 and another nearer home for £80. I set all my own questions, normal music 'bits & pieces' round, a full colour laminated picture round, where there are faces, landmarks, album sleeves, anything really. The main quiz is 30 questions of general knowledge, sport, entertainment, history, geography etc.

I take a laptop plus a Bose compact and that is all, set up in less than 5 minutes!

Edited by dj.silver

I once read about the evils of heavy drinking ................ so I've stopped reading

COPYWIGHT: Elmer Fudd 1956, All wights wesewved.