Dj's United

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to design some business cards for my discos and incorporate my new logo just stuck on ideas at the moment be great if anyone had any suggestions what would look good with the new logo below

John Horton

Email: dj@discorevolution.co.uk

Tel: 07850971035

First thought - make the url the same size as the top "Disco Johnno" bit - some letters are not that clear.

I guess you can have the url in normal text on the card as well - but it was an immediate observation.

jas

the problem is the size and the shape of your logo. Shrinking it to fit say top left corner of a card would make it hard to read. Have you got the original draft of the logo as a paint shop file or something as you could remove some of the elements and incorporate them.

alternatively you could make the logo slightly transparent and have it as a watermark feature in the middle.

i see that the web address is not your site address so that would be no good anyway.

its good to have a logo or some sort of scheme that is consistent across your publications as it makes a visual link to you.

do you have your own site? if so pm me the address so i can have a look

cheers

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

thanks guys, yeah i still have the orginal file,

Also i have the domain www.discorevolution.co.uk and i have set up joomla on there just need to get website done.

I was thinking of maybe just using the head logo what is in my avatar on the buisness cards, do you think thats a better idea?

John Horton

Remove the top and bottom banner and keep the shield, graphic effect and head?

how about the above then a thick blue horizontal line going from the right centre of the logo with your trade name in the strip in white, in the top third of the card...if you know what i mean

i would try all variations and print some off. what format is the original?

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I think your avatar is 100 times better than your latest logo.

It's really cool and just use that. No need to incorporate text in your logo, it's not a heraldic shield.

IMHO

:joe:

I think your avatar is 100 times better than your latest logo.

It's really cool and just use that. No need to incorporate text in your logo, it's not a heraldic shield.

IMHO

i can only see a white box with a lil old red x in the corner

i can only see a white box with a lil old red x in the corner

Oh dear, looks like the settings on your computer need tweaking !!

Plenty far more clever computer people than me on this forum that can help you with this one

thats bizzare, still cant see it even with the link, i'll try firefox

now i can see it - why not in IE?

Thats quite a good image however whats your target market?

Edited by MintyDave

thats bizzare, still cant see it even with the link, i'll try firefox

now i can see it - why not in IE?

Thats quite a good image however whats your target market?

Thanks Dave, and thanks for the email i get the idea now, i peronally think i have tried to change my original logo which is the one with the disco balls fave to tthe sheild and i feel i may have over complicated things when there was no need to as original logo i feel is fine

My target market is Birthdays, Weddings, Engagments, Well all functions really but i have only been doing for under a year and done about 10 gigs, with the help of one of my friends who helps me out with lifts as im not driving yet, that could change very soon as i take my driving test on the 5th May and i really want to start pushing it once i have my own transport

So what do you think i should go for logo wise?

John Horton

both of the logos give me the immediate impression of a young club style dj - however thats my opinion and obviously we need more input

Ok, Well im 30 and this is something i have always wanted to do but only decided to actually do it last year so i am still very new to all of this.

My ambition would to be getting a residency somewhere on a friday night and leave sat night open to bookings i love all types of music not so much into heavy dance music like drum n bass etc

I have an appointment this evening to go and speak to a local pub about running a Singers/Karaoke night Landloard is not a fan of Karaoke but times are hard and i think he is doing what he can to get people into his pub on a weekend

John Horton

Ok, Well im 30 and this is something i have always wanted to do but only decided to actually do it last year so i am still very new to all of this.

My ambition would to be getting a residency somewhere on a friday night and leave sat night open to bookings i love all types of music not so much into heavy dance music like drum n bass etc

I have an appointment this evening to go and speak to a local pub about running a Singers/Karaoke night Landloard is not a fan of Karaoke but times are hard and i think he is doing what he can to get people into his pub on a weekend

funny...im off to see a landlady about the same this afternoon.

A logo isnt everything but as i said earlier just makes a visual representation which hopefully helps people identify you, especially when they are browsing the net, which web site did they visit - to logo helps them to remember.

What i would suggest is that you get a homepage done asap with some basic info and that will help, you can glam it up later. if you search Mobile Disco Richmond North Yorksire you should find me and see how simple my parked page is. I have had 3 confirmed bookings and 5 enquiries off the site just using that alone.

think of a colour scheme and im more than happy to throw some ideas your way.

regards

Dave

funny...im off to see a landlady about the same this afternoon.

A logo isnt everything but as i said earlier just makes a visual representation which hopefully helps people identify you, especially when they are browsing the net, which web site did they visit - to logo helps them to remember.

What i would suggest is that you get a homepage done asap with some basic info and that will help, you can glam it up later. if you search Mobile Disco Richmond North Yorksire you should find me and see how simple my parked page is. I have had 3 confirmed bookings and 5 enquiries off the site just using that alone.

think of a colour scheme and im more than happy to throw some ideas your way.

regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, Im going to be working on my site over the weekend im fairly clued up on web design but Joomla is new to me so learning that as i go along

John Horton

Excellent. So much better than before.

A minor point but people hate typing long email addresses, especially when they know that it's not some big government department...

dj@discorevolution.co.uk maybe?

But great artwork.

Excellent. So much better than before.

A minor point but people hate typing long email addresses, especially when they know that it's not some big government department...

dj@discorevolution.co.uk maybe?

But great artwork.

agree with teez on that one, discorevolution is easy to spell but discojohnno can be mis-spelt too easily with the potential of missed opportunities ....info@ etc?

dave

Edited by MintyDave

• 3 weeks later...

Looks spot on now mate, well worth the effort :D

Liscio Discotheques

60s - Current In Surrey & Home Counties

www.liscio.co.uk