Dj's United

Where Is Your Home Turf?

Turf Analysis  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

I'm Safe, I am in Australia :)

DjDennis
(In this crazy business for over 37+ years
CEO - Director/Manager/Entertainment Director

Also Associated with = ANDJA, Djchat, Clubdjzone, DjApproved, USODJA, CODJA, Ourdjtalk, plus more.

Well I'm in Warrington, clicked on North West but like many others will travel if the fee is there.

Anybody else from the Warrington area, may be good to pass some work onto?

Cheers

Dave

Well I'm in Warrington, clicked on North West but like many others will travel if the fee is there.

Anybody else from the Warrington area, may be good to pass some work onto?

Cheers

Dave

Hello Dave, from another Dave !

I'm based in Westhoughton, which is half way between Bolton and Wigan, and base myself around this area, however will travel up to an hour away, and have done gigs in Blackpool (including the good ole Pleasure Beach Paradise Room) and Leeds as the probably the furthest away. Will travel up to about 45-60mins away... (So as far as Chester / Runcorn in your direction basically).

IKEA Warrington is like 20-25 minutes from here. I'm interested in networking with other DJs too.. ( I've been meaning to go to meet Robster at some point, but have been like uber-busy for months - hopefully should rectify that in September in Leigh).

Cheers,

David

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Hi Dave,

So you are one of those guys that grid lock Warrington on a Sunday morning going to Ikea??? lol

Well it's always good to know that there are quality DJ's in the area as I'm forever getting phone calls only to turn them down due to being booked already.

And I know this is going off the topic slightly but don't you hate it when you get a call for a quote and then they say " well I've had a quote of another Dj and he was only charging £80"

And the answer they all get is " Good Luck "

Are you busy at the min Dave??

So you are one of those guys that grid lock Warrington on a Sunday morning going to Ikea??? lol

Hah! Going anywhere near Gemini Retail park is a major No-No at the weekend full stop! Can't think of anything worse than IKEA at the weekend! (I Don't actually go there that often, thank goodness - place drives me mad every time).

Well it's always good to know that there are quality DJ's in the area as I'm forever getting phone calls only to turn them down due to being booked already.

I've had to turn down a couple of enquiries because they wanted Karaoke & a disco, however Karaoke is something I don't do, and my polite reply is that I prefer to concentrate on the Disco side of entertainment... Plus for me getting into Karaoke would mean investing in the right equipment too. At the minute I'm in the process of ugprading lighting. I've had a similar setup for about 2 years now, and have tried to keep it good/clean, some photos etc can be seen at my DJ David Graham Facebook Page (Apologies if I've broken any link rules here!).

And I know this is going off the topic slightly but don't you hate it when you get a call for a quote and then they say " well I've had a quote of another Dj and he was only charging £80"

I've had this a couple of times lately, where they say they were expecting a quote about the 100 pound mark. Someone wanted a christening for 40-60 quid for 4 hours... A bit of charm on the phone and some helpful explanations (Selling yourself, benefits, etc, and not dissing others), often helps here I've found :)

Are you busy at the min Dave??

I'm busy-ish at the moment, as enquiries have started to come in moreso over the past month - Not sure if its because I put some photos on the holding webpage (which obviously helps 100%).. Most of the enquiries seem to want a DJ within about 2-3 weeks time-period. THere's a few weekends free (I don't tend to work every weekend), and if I do work one weekend I like to do the Fri + Sat if possible.. Give me a shout or something - Happy to discuss things with you on this front!

Something I'd like to do is "pair" up with another DJ for a "bigger" gig. Its something I've done similarly in my $day_job - Pair Programming - its an amazing knowledge/experience sharing process that benefits everyone..

Enough of me typing now! :)

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]