Dj's United

guys,

if you were able to get hold of a copy of the UK Info Disc..... would you?

It's currently £160 and covers the UK. (edit....should note, it's available from 192... not me! LOL)

Supposidly it gives you names and address and YEAR of birth details. I'm currently trying to get a free sample of it, which gives me 10 random people.

Would this information be of use to us as an industry? Could you justify £160 for the data?

xx alex xx

Edited by AlexEntertainment

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

guys,

if you were able to get hold of a copy of the UK Info Disc..... would you?

It's currently £160 and covers the UK. (edit....should note, it's available from 192... not me! LOL)

Supposidly it gives you names and address and YEAR of birth details. I'm currently trying to get a free sample of it, which gives me 10 random people.

Would this information be of use to us as an industry? Could you justify £160 for the data?

xx alex xx

If dates dates of birth were included it could be a useful tool for promoting 18th and 21st birthday gigs, for example, especially for someone working on a national basis.

Unfortunately they are not included.

What would you use it for?

Postal Mail shots? If so, is the data scrubbed against the MPS?

if not, you will need to ensure those that you mail are not on the list or risk action;

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/complaints/

There are companies that offer a cleansing service (listed on the above site).

I have been spammed by a company offering lists of people with various birthdays. This was not too expensive, but obviously you have the postage and printing costs to consider.

I would dare say, that for anyone other than a multi-op, it would not be worth while.

Jason

No way, I wouldnt use it, and I don't think that I would like people getting hold of my personal information either. Surely companies and organisations like 192 should be regulated to state that they are not allowed to sell this information.

What a pile of :crap:

There should be a law against this, and if there isnt, with all these elections coming up, maybe its something that should be mentioned to local MPs'. And maybe I will, :dukesy:

Cheers,

Wayne

No way, I wouldnt use it, and I don't think that I would like people getting hold of my personal information either. Surely companies and organisations like 192 should be regulated to state that they are not allowed to sell this information.

What a pile of :crap:

There should be a law against this, and if there isnt, with all these elections coming up, maybe its something that should be mentioned to local MPs'. And maybe I will, :dukesy:

Cheers,

Wayne

Most of this information is provided as part of the census. There is the data protection act, and you can also opt out of most junk mail (and phone calls) using the MPS and TPS.

If you consider what TESCO/Loyaty cards hold about you- you name/address/dob/sex is pretty minor.

There is no privacy! :damn:

Google/Facebook earn money from personal information.

More worryingly is the traffic of personal information between countries with different privacy laws.

I do not have a problem with 192/UK Info Disc. I do have a problem with ID Cards/Database state -how can we trust the govement with our data?

I have a problem with all of these people having my personal information, and they should not be allowed to sell it.

I would never dream of using information like this, as I think it invades other people's rights and privacy!

Wayne

Most of this information is provided as part of the census. There is the data protection act, and you can also opt out of most junk mail (and phone calls) using the MPS and TPS.

If you consider what TESCO/Loyaty cards hold about you- you name/address/dob/sex is pretty minor.

There is no privacy! :damn:

Google/Facebook earn money from personal information.

More worryingly is the traffic of personal information between countries with different privacy laws.

I do not have a problem with 192/UK Info Disc. I do have a problem with ID Cards/Database state -how can we trust the govement with our data?

it is scary when you think how many people hold vital information, as jason said from tesco club card to internet forums, the list is endless

to be honest anything that is not requested by me or i dont have a personal interest in goes in the bin without reading with any personal detals removed and shredded. imo a service like 192 would not be a good idea for small businesse like ourselves as we would just be another spammer. also as we target such a small market would it be worth the effort

i dont have a problem with an ID card if it comes out as it would serve as an EU passport, the governemnt have all the info anyway whats another database. I would gladly support fingerprint and dna if it came to it as i have nothing to hide. It may sort out a few issues that the Uk has.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk