Dj's United

What is the oldest bit (s) of equipment you still use on a regular basis.

And

How long have you owned it and how much did it cost?

So Guys and Girls it over to you.......

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Pair of 12" Peavey Impulse 200 speakers, 300w rms, changed a few drivers over the years but they still sound great, along with a Matrix amp, bought in 1995 and have paid for themselves many times over. Not my main system anymore however, but use them pretty regularly.

EDIT can't remember what I paid for them, think it came to about 900 punt at the time, not sure what that would be now.

Edited by DJMickeyk

www.tipperarypartydj.com

up until recently my Tandy Realistic SM58 mic, but then I dropped it! So now everything is less than 3 years old, the oldest thing is my SRM450s

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

A pair of Peavey Hisys 2's - 350w black widow drivers - all original

i paid about £160 on ebay in 2006 - paid for themselves countless times over

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Hmm, that would be Carmen... :ads:

All of my gear is fairly new. I've kept the stuff I purchased when starting out, so I guess that would mean Exercets+DynaRoll lighting purchased in 2008... Boring! lol

I still mix and match lighting, and also have my old SkyTec speakers as a last resport Spare (with AMP).

Just realised, Speaker Stands (tripods). I use these on smaller gigs when I don't bring the subs.

Edited by vokf

Surely someone can do better than this?

Everyday in the workshop I use my Avo 7 multimeter which was made in 1954. It's not disco equipment so i dont expect anyone to beat that!

I still get equipment into the workshop from the early 80's onwards, including silver solar 250s, Citronic disco consoles and vintage mixers, surely someone on the forum uses this sort of thing!?

The oldest bit of DJ equipment is probably the dual cd player.. Electrovision ADJ-500. Think it dates from about 1999/2000. Seems to play CDs really well still! I bought it along with an Omnitronic CM-740 Ozone Club mixer and Road Ready 10u-6u flight case with laptop side-shelf for about 120 quid about 2 years ago! Its big, heavy and a PITA to carry upstairs (even with the lid/front off)...

Never had a manual for the mixer or the CD player...

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Surely someone can do better than this?

Everyday in the workshop I use my Avo 7 multimeter which was made in 1954. It's not disco equipment so i dont expect anyone to beat that!

I still get equipment into the workshop from the early 80's onwards, including silver solar 250s, Citronic disco consoles and vintage mixers, surely someone on the forum uses this sort of thing!?

Well I still have and use:

Citronic Thames II console

and loads of my old 1970's / 1980's lighting

Yes I still use records 45's and 33 1/3's (but my customers pay a premium for this)

As I keep saying Retro Is Back

AVO 7 I remember those from when I first left School and worked at Marconi Instruments.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.