Dj's United

Member Website Review, Dju Member Djmickeyk

Nice site easy to use but the use of stock photos lets the site down.

The AGK headphones do you sell them? this was my first impression was that you was an AGK dealer.

But this is only my opinion.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Obviously your waiting for images to use , the headphones as good as AKG are are not the picture you will no doubt end up using ..The very first visual impression is that you are a DJ equipment store only from reading and looking in the next second do you soon discover you are a mobile dj ..the initial impression is based on the heaphone image and the look of the layout...but with different pictures that will soon change.

The font is a little strange the o on karaoke looks a different size than the other letters on the home page...don't know why, your contact details ie telephone number etc i suggest could be a bit bigger and the top logo banner although neat and classy is a bit plain.

The pictures of the DJs will make that page look good when they are uploaded .

The content on the wedding page is very good and i like the wording and the information on that page ..good job! i find writing content the hardest thing so well done!

The karaoke page , the stock cartoon picture doesn't match the rest of the look of the site and the list of songs may put some people off as they may hate those songs maybe a pdf to the songs you have available would be better (something i am working on)

On the contact page there is a nice email form but not an address some people are suspicious of traders who only have email and no physical address , some people although they can surf the web are uncomfortable writing emails when they will happily write a letter. it also in my opinion gives the impression that you have noting to hide , i know some will say that it also shows where your gear is stored and when you are not going to be in so can burglaries you but I tend to think that a physical address is important (dont know if its a legal requirement clicky ). I again would have a big telephone number on this page

sounds a lot of negative comments after i read my post back ..but i really do like the site and after all i am just a layman and my own site is not good so i shouldn't say much really glass houses and stones spring to mind... and these are minor points ..I am sure it will look even better with your own images posted up..

well done overall 9/10 :dukesy:

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Hi Mike,

I guess my take is the same as the others re:Headphones.

Adding photos will help 100%, and I'm sure this is in hand. Currently, it could be any site (visually, its not DJ/Wedding/Party enough).

I think the homepage text could be broken up a bit more, and after looking at the rest of the site this is a common issue (IMO). Make better use of paragraphs and it will be more readable. The actual text is fine, but it needs spacing out.

However, its good to see some decent text, I also find it hard to write this stuff, so its good to see more than one or two lines of text.

It looks like you're trying to focus on Kerry, so why not list some local venues? Even if you've not played them, it doesn't really matter.

As a temporary measure, remove the headphones from all but the homepage.

You can put more information on the page without scrolling.

Cheers!

Jason

Thanks guys,

To my embaressment I don't own a digital camera so didn't have any pics to upload, I will be borrowing one for future gigs and will add a gallery, and a testimonials page too. Point taken about the headphones, will set about changing that asap. Very glad to hear ye liked what i wrote, as that is what I was most worried about, images can be easily changed. Will make a few changes and re-publish, thanks for the help, a free review is a wonderful resource to have on the forum, any other suggestions are very welcome

:thanks:

EDIT: Jason i do have some web links to hotels that I play at in my area in the links page, I haven't mentioned them in the text as I have yet to get around to all of them and explain that I have a new site etc. I will also be asking them to reciprocate the link as I have a good relationship with most of them, thanks again

Edited by DJMickeyk

www.tipperarypartydj.com

For - Professional image, nice simple layout, easy to read and navigate

Against - stock photos, opening page headphones, contact number difficult to find, equipment page - not needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys thanks for your feedback, I have completely revamped the site, and followed much of your advice, main thing is adding pics which were sorely missing from the original site, if ye could take the time to have another look I'd really appreciate it.

Tks in advance, Mike

www.dingledjs.com

Edited by DJMickeyk

www.tipperarypartydj.com

• 5 months later...

Guys thanks for your feedback, I have completely revamped the site, and followed much of your advice, main thing is adding pics which were sorely missing from the original site, if ye could take the time to have another look I'd really appreciate it.

Tks in advance, Mike

www.dingledjs.com

A mobile number might be worth adding and personally i would have your picture retaken in smarter dress no offence, apart from that a nice site.