Dj's United

Just a warning. I was offered free subscription to this new website and accordingly obliged.

Right at the very end you discover that it's not free, but a month's free trial.

I've written to them explaining trickery is not a good way to start a relationship with potential customers.

By all means subscribe, it looks a good design and we'll see if it generates leads in the first month.

However they haven't made a friend of me as I don't like being conned, and unless I get an avalanche I will be unsubscribing.

You have been advised.

:joe:

Thanks for the heads up.... I saw them the other day and was looking at signing up... might think twice now. :)

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

I received an "invite" email this evening in my inbox... not quite sure where they got the email address used from... (which is slightly annoying)..

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Without any doubt they will have trawled all the free and fee paying subscription DJ websites including this forum and taken all the email addresses - quite legit public domain info.

I received an "invite" email this evening in my inbox... not quite sure where they got the email address used from... (which is slightly annoying)..

David

I too received the invite, not sure where they got my email address from as it was one that is not registered on any of the sites I am registered with.

The email stated that it was a free service.

Teez Keep us updated on leads etc

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Copy of recent correspondence... I'm still not sure if it's free indefinitely or not but frankly will know in 30 days whether it's worth it or not anyway.

Hi DJ Teez,

We have just read back at the invitations that we sent out, and yes I agree the wording could have been better. Essentially we want the website to be free to use so that everybody can add their information regardless of their budget. Obviously, your site can be promoted effectively using the free service, and the paid service is just a bonus for a ‘first impression’ to the local visitors.

However, regardless of this, I do agree the wording could have been better and thank you for your email concerning this. We do not wish to mislead our users.

I can only apologies and hope you continue to use our website as a viable promotional tool for your business.

Regards

Luke English

Sent: 20 April 2010 00:47

To: "FindMyParty"

Subject: RE: You have been invited to join FindMyParty

Luke thanks for the invite.

Your email says that the advertisement is free. Once completed, an unexpected form pops up saying that in fact the website is not “free” but actually available on a one month free trial.

While I understand your objective is to make money, it’s not very ethical to ‘trick’ people this way. It’s either free or it’s not. If it’s a month’s free trial then say so up front and maintain your credibility.

You are not doing yourselves any favours by using this approach, especially when there are dozens of websites out there offering unconditional free listings.

Thanks

DJ Teez

I too received the invite, not sure where they got my email address from as it was one that is not registered on any of the sites I am registered with.

The email stated that it was a free service.

Teez Keep us updated on leads etc

Well I've now been invited 6 times to join, so their bot is having a good crawl around the internet at the moment. Shame they don't cross-check

Yeah I got an invite for them, didn't sign up and probably won't unless it proves to work!

Stephen Owens Entertainments

Office: 01704 897078

Mobile: 0782 8270 854

Web: www.stephen-owens.co.uk

Email: Monkey-business-disco@hotmail.co.uk