Dj's United

Just wondering as I'm still a fairly new newbie here.....

Has a meetup ever been arranged for the DJU members??

And I mean purely for DJU members? (Don't want to sound clicky.... just to be clear! LOL)

---

Obviously I understand that logisitics plays a huge part, which some members in Ireland, Scotland, Europe, England, Wales... etc...

But what if enough time notice was given for such an event???

Do you think it would work??

(Not sure if this is in right section.... sorry if it's not xxx )

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex, I think this is a great idea would be good to meet up with people on here and im sure given enough time something could be arranged

I'm also fairly new and stating to be more active on here now :)

i would definatly be up for the meet

John

John Horton

Email: dj@discorevolution.co.uk

Tel: 07850971035

I think this has been discussed in the past.

There was a North London meet-up just after I joined. This was interesting, with a demo of the Denon kit (by the enthusiastic Gary), and some other gear. It was poorly attended- which was a shame as this type of thing is difficult to arrange.

The major problems will be date and location. Many have a full-time job, and so mid-week is difficult if its not local.

Weekends will also be a problem as we're all busy with gigs ( :ads: ) Location, well, there lots of guys here in the Midlands, a few herts/essex/cambs, and so on.

There are guys here I'd love to meet and have a beer+chat with, so ideally a curry+beers+shop talk on a Saturday would be perfect, but thats also a prime night for most of us!

So.. a Sunday would be ok, but would mean a monday booked off the day job.

Count me in! :Thumbup:

As some hate Karaoke that's hardly going to work! and i want to chat to you guys too and also Oldham is not the easiest place to get too.

I think a Curry and a few beers (or not depending on your preference ) and shop talk is a good idea then going out.

for me a week day night is better as i work Thurs to Sunday so a Tuesday or Wednesday would be ideal but i know most of you guys have day jobs so that would be out of the question

However my Thursday residency is at a hotel the village hotel in Hyde (which if you book early enough can be cheap to stay at) This is only a 8:30pm to 11pm karaoke gig and after i finished we could go to Stalybridge (which is affectionately called staly-vegas)and will have clubs open till 2 am getting from Hyde to Vegas by taxi is easy. Hyde town centre has a few good curry houses and the Hotel food is not bad either , Hyde has a wetherspoons too so cheap booze and food is an option there. Its just Thursdays may not be the best night for you guys

I think personally that Birmingham area is a better location as its more central England wise for more people to turn up rather than dragging em up north , i would be able to get the odd sunday off depending on the proposed date

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Im fairly new here too, but I agree a meet up would be a great idea!

However, I realise that this type of thing is hard to organise with people being spread all over the UK.

Providing I am free, I would love to come along to put some faces to names!

Cheers, Mark.

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

So who would like the Chief organizers job?

I would be up for a social event Birmingham sounds good easy to get to.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

if you like the idea of the Village hotel in Hyde here is a web link Hotel clicky

about Staly vegas vegas 1 clicky Rififi club

i think a few of you may know a DJ called Christoph ...well he works in Vegas so if people were interested we could ask him about places to go.

of course i am up for a proper northern night out and clubbing it large after a chat... but i realise some may be only wanting a chat and a horlicks and be tucked up in bed by 10.

so we will have to see what the consensus is...

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421

Good ole brummy sounds like a good idea :)

Easy to get to no matter where you are in the UK :)

I don't mind taking it on board and seeing what I can do with regards to organising ..... (Oh dear god, what am i getting myself in to! LOL )

Edited by AlexEntertainment

I don't mind taking it on board and seeing what I can do with regards to organising ..... (Oh dear god, what am i getting myself in to! LOL )

well said that man! brummie sounds ideal alex as organiser sounds even better

Edited by Robster
Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421

So who is going to volunteer to be my co-organiser!? LOL

Right, I personally think a sunday would be best (I'll have to cancel my quiz for that night....but no problem :) ).... and some of you full time workers might have to get the monday off hehehe!

And I'm thinking of allowing at least 8 weeks before the meetup to allow time for people to make arrangements and stuff....

Ok... before I start getting ideas together....

I need to know roughly how many people would be up for this? So post in the thread your

YAY - I'm up for it

NAY - Probably not

----------------------------------------

So far the following are interested :

AlexEnt - Obviously ;) hehe

VOKF

Disco Johnno

Robster

Marky B

RayMilkybarKid

Edited by AlexEntertainment

How does July 18th sound??

It's also my birthday that day too hehehehe!

Birmingham does sound a good idea central in country easy to get to and also Broad Street has loads of curry houses and pub/bars/hotels

Im not in no way bias (Living only 6 miles alway in West Bromwich) lol :D :D

John Horton

Yay, Im in too!

Will be convenient for me as Im just outside Wolverhampton.

Will wait for further details.

Cheers, Mark.

Celebration Sounds Mobile Disco

www.celebrationsounds.co.uk

mark@celebrationsounds.co.uk

07825 641 090

Yay, count me in.

Alex, thanks for volunteering. You were the missing link and I think you're contributions to the site so far will give you the credibility to get this done (you can pay me later).

Birmingham is definitely the place to be for a curry and it is a no-contest for being central to the UK.

Personally I would suggest out of the town centre and more towards curry heaven - Sparkbrook. It means you don't have to pay for car parking in the city centre and those on a tight schedule can park outside the restaurant, eat, shoot and leave (pardon the pun)l.

I think curry, a couple of beers and a good chat will suffice, don't get into nightlife stuff afterwards or it will get too complicated.

There are plenty of cheap and cheerful good curry houses in the area and some will give you a private room. I'm out of touch with these restaurants I'm afraid or I would give you a couple of names. I'm sure there are some Midlands guys on here who can make a recommendation.... preferably somewhere where they do baltis and table naans (an experience for out-of-towners and a Sparkbrook speciality)

I know this may sound odd, but also consider a sunday lunchtime curry. It will allow those that have to travel furthest to get there and back in a day. Personally I would prefer evening but that's me being selfish and not practical. Or maybe an early start beer like 6pm.

You may also want to include a visit to HTFR. They get quite involved with the 'other' DJ association so may welcome the opportunity of helping out a new group.

Just some thoughts for you. My final bit of advice is that if you try and do this entirely by vote you'll never sort it so once you've got the various imputs just pick a format and tell us when and where.

I'm sure if you need help, between us we can oblige.

18 July sounds good - I'm sure we can find some candles for you

:joe:

Edited by Teez

There are plenty of cheap and cheerful good curry houses in the area and some will give you a private room. I'm out of touch with these restaurants I'm afraid or I would give you a couple of names. I'm sure there are some Midlands guys on here who can make a recommendation.... preferably somewhere where they do baltis and table naans (an experience for out-of-towners and a Sparkbrook speciality)

Would it be really gay of me to order a pasanda!! LOL

I'm thinking I should butch up for the day and order a faal....

Would it be really gay of me to order a pasanda!! LOL

I'm thinking I should butch up for the day and order a faal....

Are we ordering food already ??????????????????????

:joe:

Never mind the food, the rules need sorting out first

Rule 1 - The first person to say "i once did this gig and...." pays for the food

Saldy my involvement is very doubtfull due to a christening in the afternoon and too many other commitments

Have a cobra or 12 for me!

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I can probably do 18th, I don't have kids that week so a free day. I'll book the following day off..

I would be up for a night out after a curry - if there was anywhere open, and would need to stay in Hotel or Ditch... lol

Jas

Being new to the game it would be nice to meet some of you guys and put faces to names so i'm up for this if I can arrange the Monday off work.

I can't see the point of going all the way to brum and not having a few small lager shandies :joe:

That means i'd need a premier inn or similar too.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

I can probably do 18th, I don't have kids that week so a free day. I'll book the following day off..

I would be up for a night out after a curry - if there was anywhere open, and would need to stay in Hotel or Ditch... lol

Jas

Birmingham on a Sunday night will just be like a Friday or Saturday, Broad street is brill for nightlife and there are plenty of places to eat

Agree with Teez regarding the curry houses in Sparkbrook i have heard very good things

John Horton

Birmingham on a Sunday night will just be like a Friday or Saturday, Broad street is brill for nightlife

Karaoke? :chad: only kidding!!!! i am sure i can cope one day without singing.

what are the cheap hotels like Johnno? apart from err cheap..are they some ones near to the areas you mentioned?

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421